64 F85 Club Coupe door panels

Old April 19th, 2016, 07:42 AM

64 F85 Club Coupe door panels

Guys getting closer to putting the interior in my 64 F-85 "Pro Touring" post car. Is there anybody that makes the front door panels and rear qtr.panels? These do not come all the way up like the Holiday or convertible cars. There the same as a 64-65 Lemans/GTO. So if all else fails , I can get the pre-cut front and rear cardboard of the panels from Ames Performance ( Pontiac vendor) and send them over to an upholstery shop here in the Dallas area. Thanks.
Old April 19th, 2016, 07:11 PM

Check with SMS in Oregon. They made the ones for my 65 club coupe.
Old May 6th, 2016, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by therobski
Guys getting closer to putting the interior in my 64 F-85 "Pro Touring" post car. Is there anybody that makes the front door panels and rear qtr.panels? These do not come all the way up like the Holiday or convertible cars. There the same as a 64-65 Lemans/GTO. So if all else fails , I can get the pre-cut front and rear cardboard of the panels from Ames Performance ( Pontiac vendor) and send them over to an upholstery shop here in the Dallas area. Thanks.
Robski do you have your originals? I bought a the sets from OPGI if I recall, and ended up modifying them. It was some hours of work but basically I cut back the vinyl, padding and cardboard that we don't need on our cars. I used the old panel as a template for the height but you could measure down from the trim piece inside your door as well. I left about 3/4" of vinyl longer than the cardboard backer. Folded it over, hit it with 3M glue and then clamped it with the upper chrome trim piece. I think you saw the pics I posted. Process was similar for the rears. I used my chrome trim from the bottom of the panel to cover the top edge of carpet that was on lower portion of new panels. Lots of work with an awl and tedious, but not difficult.
Old May 7th, 2016, 05:54 AM

I ordered the GTO cardboard panels from Ames, and have decided to have an upholstery shop work with the Scat Pro Bucket seat pattern for about the same money as buying the Cutlass panels. They can also re-cover the back seat to match the buckets. Going to have them install carpet too because I installed the B@M Bandit shifter and they will have to work around that too. First I have to get this car running! The 67 400E that's in there has not been started in 7 years. It should be fine, has maybe 5K miles since the rebuild ( stock) and was running fine when I pulled it out of the 67.
Old May 7th, 2016, 08:42 PM

Well I think that makes sense, they can try to match those new Scat seats and overall you will probably save quite a bit of valuable time. I don't think I have ever used Ames for anything but I will have to check them out!
Old May 8th, 2016, 06:24 AM

I have bought from them many times, and in a lot of cases they are less $$$ than the Oldsmobile suppliers.