1969 dash paint green help

Old March 7th, 2016, 06:23 AM

1969 dash paint green help

I'm trying to find a correct match for interior dash, vinyl and metal to touch up and finish new parts. I have only come across the color M23 light green metallic but have yet to find a good matching version. Working with Sherwin Williams on it but trying give them more help. Does anyone have any leads on this color, or who might match it?
Old March 7th, 2016, 07:13 AM

If you are looking for Dark Green, OER sells spray cans of Interior Paint to be used on vinyl or plastic. It is 0% Gloss and you can also use it on metal like the top of your metal dash where you shouldn't have any gloss.
I have a source for this same paint in 30% gloss if you need it which would be used on the metal parts inside the interior. I just did all of this for a 1969 Camaro and it is probably the same color.
Old March 7th, 2016, 07:21 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Snolab
I'm trying to find a correct match for interior dash, vinyl and metal to touch up and finish new parts. I have only come across the color M23 light green metallic but have yet to find a good matching version. Working with Sherwin Williams on it but trying give them more help. Does anyone have any leads on this color, or who might match it?
Well, it would help if you told us year and model. The interior paint codes are on the back of the paint chip charts. As an example, here are the codes for the 1970 Oldsmobiles:

Old March 7th, 2016, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Well, it would help if you told us year and model.

Joe,

The year is in the subject line, 1969. I think the interior has to be either either turquoise or teal (68 colors but I think they are the same) but I'm sure the OP will let us know. I think he was the one I talked to this weekend about a gauge and he was telling me he's looking for a green glove box door and having a difficult time matching it to the rest of his interior

Last edited by allyolds68; March 7th, 2016 at 09:45 AM.
Old March 7th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by allyolds68
Joe,

The year is in the subject line, 1969.
DOH! Sorry about that.

Old March 7th, 2016, 09:29 AM

You can have any of the above codes mixed up in Lacquer spray cans by the following company.

Kris Mork-Lee
Branch Manager
APS Tower Paint Finishmaster #17
2120 W. Nordale Dr.
Appleton WI 54914
800-779-6520
Old March 7th, 2016, 05:40 PM

Mike and Joe here is what I am trying to match. Mike you are correct we did speak yesterday.

Thanks Joe for the info. The pic shows what I am trying to match. Not sure how to use the document you posted. I at one point thought it was M22 or M23 based on the codes I got from BAP on my door panels that are this light green. I have also tried TPP greens and they are not a match for the dash but still need better match for vinyl that I need for other vinyl parts that cant be bought in green.
Old March 7th, 2016, 08:27 PM

Anything out of a can other than black will not work for you. You have a variety of green colors in your interior and all these different greens can be made by your local jobber. Now having said this , it requires your paint supply outfit to have a guy who can actually make colors from scratch "WITHOUT A FORMULA"
The paint i use is R-M and Glasurit and i'm fortunate not only to have direct factory access but most importantly a guy at the paint supply that can make anything from scratch. This includes those tough 70 Met. blue and Met. green and those white pearls.
Obviously you need a sample to mix from , in your example the dash piece.
The process is to mix it in a base coat and add basecoat hardener to it(Hardener made specifically for basecoat). This not only gives it durability it gives it uv protection. This can go on metal, plastic, vinyl . I hesitate on actual seat upholstery though.

You should also use an adhesion promoter on these parts.

If you have the right guy mixing your paint you can match/achieve exact results.
Disclaimer: this pertaines to the R-M Glasurit paint manufacture. Otheres may vary