Trim and paint code

Old June 13th, 2008, 04:12 AM

Trim and paint code

Hi
I am new to this forum , and I am also a new to Oldsmobile cars. I have bought a 68 Olds Cutlass 442 convertible (24 owners) and need help with the trim code and the paint code. The car is blue whith black top, bucket seats, floor shift console.

Trim code 945
Paint: C-2

It would be nice to know how the car was looking like, when it left the factory.

Please help me. I cant find the information.

Another question is, Where can I bye descent front and rear bumpers.

Best regards.
Old June 13th, 2008, 04:43 AM

Hello Oldwolf!

I have found Year One (www.yearone.com) to be very helpful for finding parts. I know they have bumpers. In the first couple pages, they also decode many of the mysterious digits on VIN plates and cowl tags. I don't know it they will decode color and trim, though. I recommend you download their catalog and pull out your credit card.
Old June 13th, 2008, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by rrielley
Hello Oldwolf!

I have found Year One (www.yearone.com) to be very helpful for finding parts. I know they have bumpers. In the first couple pages, they also decode many of the mysterious digits on VIN plates and cowl tags. I don't know it they will decode color and trim, though. I recommend you download their catalog and pull out your credit card.
Thanks for the information, I have looked, and they dont sell bumpers for 68 and they dont have information about specific trim och paintnumbers. But they have good information of how you translate the VIN and cowl tag.

regards
Old June 15th, 2008, 07:05 PM

My main book shows 945 as the Garnet interior with bucket seats. I'll double check another book later. C-2 is provincial white with a black top. C is the white code for several years and the 2 is also used for black convertible tops over several years.
Old June 15th, 2008, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by musicars
My main book shows 945 as the Garnet interior with bucket seats. I'll double check another book later. C-2 is provincial white with a black top. C is the white code for several years and the 2 is also used for black convertible tops over several years.
Thank you

Great, i can se som white spots behind all the flat black thats sprayed all over so white seems to be right body colour. The top is black. I can se that the colour of the doorhandle ***** are red under the black color. Maybee the original had red interior.

Regards
Old June 16th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Geezer

Originally Posted by Oldwolf
Thank you

Great, i can se som white spots behind all the flat black thats sprayed all over so white seems to be right body colour. The top is black. I can se that the colour of the doorhandle ***** are red under the black color. Maybee the original had red interior.

Regards
In the world of General Motors "Garnet" is indeed a Red. They've used Garnet Red in interior color schemes as well as exterior paint since the late 1950's to today.
Old June 16th, 2008, 10:40 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by Texascarnut
In the world of General Motors "Garnet" is indeed a Red. They've used Garnet Red in interior color schemes as well as exterior paint since the late 1950's to today.
Thank you.

White car
Black top
red interior
bucket seats

Got to start working now! This is going to be fun. I have ordered the 442 stripes for the front fenders and original type door mirrors, going to start with that.

Thank you again

Stanley