Help with Outer Window Rubber Sweeps (68 Delmont Conv))

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2012, 08:36 AM

Help with Outer Window Rubber Sweeps (68 Delmont Conv))

Hi all, I want to get new window sweeps (the rubber with the chrome molding that runs on the top length of the door) to prevent coming in. I ordered a set from Fusick. The rears look fine, but the ones for the doors, the chrome piece stops at the little side window. On the original doors, the chrome piece runs all the way to the full-length of the window. Does not look like two pieces.

Should the chrome piece go all the way to the full length of the window as with mine or stop like the Fusick one? Does anyone know where I can get what I need and had success ordering window sweeps for a 68 Olds Delmont? Perhaps it is different on the 67 Delmont.

Thanks,
Matt
Attached Images
Old September 27th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Oldsdruid

What I think is happening is that the Fusick pieces are generic for all GM B cars of those years. Pretty sure all the vendors get their stuff from same source.

It's been a while since I've paid close attention but I think those years Chev and Pontiac full-size cars stop at the vent window as your Fusick pieces do, and do not have any chrome trim under the vent. Olds being a higher-line car with added trim and more detailed fit-and-finish, probably are full door length and continue under the vent window. I'd have expected to see that more on a Delta Custom or Ninety Eight though.

Chek with Steele Rubber www.steelerubber.com and see if their online catalog shows anything, or double check with Fusick to see if the wrong piece may have been sent.
Old September 27th, 2012, 01:08 PM

Thank you Rocket. You are right on. I talked to restoration specialties and they said they have the exact part with the extended trim for Olds. Im going to verify tonight when I get home if the size matches up as a double check.
Old September 27th, 2012, 01:13 PM

By the way Rocket, good point. Even though it is a Delmont, it is the convertible with tons of bells and whistles. Not much difference between the one I have and the 98 other than the body size. They only made 2800 of them though. I think it was a test model of some sort.