Carpet for 62 Starfire HT

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2011, 07:20 AM

Carpet for 62 Starfire HT

I'm getting some very mixed messages regarding replacement carpeting for my 62 Starfire HT. The original interior is med gray #931. Has anyone had experience with Auto Obsessions replacement carpeting for this application? If not, what recommendation(s) do you have.
Old April 30th, 2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by rlafash
I'm getting some very mixed messages regarding replacement carpeting for my 62 Starfire HT. The original interior is med gray #931. Has anyone had experience with Auto Obsessions replacement carpeting for this application? If not, what recommendation(s) do you have.
Try www.smsautofabrics.com for all your Starfire needs.
Old May 13th, 2011, 07:35 PM

I know your post is old just wanted to know if you got your carpet and how long they took I ordered frt seat material for my 62 3 weeks ago and still waiting. It took 6 weeks to get a sample from SMS. BTW do you know how to remove the small round interior lights in the rear roof column? I need to replace a bulb and it doesnt want to come off and I dont want to force.
Old May 13th, 2011, 08:51 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gtdrvr
I know your post is old just wanted to know if you got your carpet and how long they took I ordered frt seat material for my 62 3 weeks ago and still waiting. It took 6 weeks to get a sample from SMS. BTW do you know how to remove the small round interior lights in the rear roof column? I need to replace a bulb and it doesnt want to come off and I dont want to force.
I think you're talking about the little round lights in the Rr. Pillars so if you get a small screw driver and push inwards at 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock, there are really small tabs on the lenses that are hooked to the housing and they will release the lense at that point. You can purchase repro lenses from several supply houses such as Fusick just in case the lense cracks from old age.
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:43 AM

thanx 4 that info, my other question was did you order from sms and did it take forever to get your carpet??
Old May 14th, 2011, 10:19 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gtdrvr
thanx 4 that info, my other question was did you order from sms and did it take forever to get your carpet??
To answer your first question, no I didn't buy carpet from SMS but I'm having my Interior installer carpet the car to match the carpet on the lower door panels. The reason for this is he will remove the sewn in mats with the stainless steel bars and install them as the installation progresses at the shop. Hope this helps u move along, but I think what I'm doing will save a lot of time especially with all the shipping that would be involved with me in central Canada.....