1972 Cutlass Upholstery and Headliner (Ontario)

Old July 10th, 2009, 06:40 PM

1972 Cutlass Upholstery and Headliner (Ontario)

Hi, I am new to this site and it was recommended that I ask here where I can get a new headliner installed and I need to reupholster my bench seats. I have a 1972 Cutlass S model with black headliner and benches.

Does anyone know a good place in the GTA (greater Toronto area) to get these things done? Thanks.
Old July 10th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Welcome to the site. There a several companies that reproduce interiors for your Cutlass. Rob will probably refer you to his thread where he redid the interior on his 72 Cutlass. It is a very detailed step by step coverage. Legandary and Tamraz are two of the companies that come to mind that reproduce the upholstery. There are several guys on here up in your neck of the woods that can probably refer you to a good shop in your area.
Old July 11th, 2009, 06:47 AM

Welcome to the site! Yes, there are several guys on the site from North of the border, hopefully one will be close enough to help you find a shop. I agree with redoldsman about the value of reading through the major build threads. When you have time check it out. John
Old July 11th, 2009, 09:12 AM

Talking Welcome aboard

Lots of far north guys here, someone will give you a few ideas were to look.
Old July 11th, 2009, 04:28 PM

upholstery

I hope so, I am not a major fan of purchasing things from the US as I have had lots of trouble with border fees and hidden costs everytime I order something across the border.
Old July 11th, 2009, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
Rob will probably refer you to his thread where he redid the interior on his 72 Cutlass.
Now I wouldn't do that, would I? Brag maybe??

Of course I will!
Here it is...
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-makeover.html
I am still quite pleased on how it turned out... It is not totally complete but will continue in the fall when the front doors get done.

This was a convertible, so there is nothing there about headliners. There are others here that have done that though.

Although I had an upholstery shop do my seats, I know a couple guys who recovered bench seats by themselves, having no prior upholstery experience. Therefore it is possible to do that yourself - it just takes time, room, and patience.

I highly recommend Legendary (legendaryautointeriors.com) due to looks, fit, and quality. I think they are based out of NY. If anything is wrong, they will make it right. Watch for 10-25% off sales and free shipping. Perhaps thay have a good way to ship over the border.

If any questions, let us have 'em!