Frame: Paint or Powdercoat?

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2010, 08:53 AM

Paint vs Powdercoat?

There hasnt been a post on this thread in almost 2 years? Was wondering if there is some new technology or ideas about Powdercoating VS Painting a frame on a resto project?
Just came from a friends shop that just got back his frame for his resto project back from having it powdercoated. Man does it ever look sharp!
I have my frame all ready for sandblasting and was planning on epoxy primer and POR type paint, but now may want to consider the powder coat treatment? Can anyone offer any new pros or cons about powdercoating my frame? vs epoxy primer and paint? My biggest question is whether it can/will crack, chip, or peal? Anyone have direct expierience on this? Want a nice job for my resto project that i want to be Cruiser/driver/ local show vehicle. Not wanting "concourse" job or "trailer queen". I want to drive and enjoy the car! Thanks for any help?
Old January 1st, 2011, 08:30 AM

what do they paint semi trucks with wat a beating they take and most of the time look real nice ?
Old January 1st, 2011, 08:53 AM

Tractor supply black paint is for CATAPILLAR OTR vehicles . Color is called Catapillar Black!! They have lots of colors --- Jonh Deere Green -- Jonm Deere Yellow ---- Farmall Red -- M-F Orange --- and etc!!