General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Reference manuals for a frame off restoration

Old August 16th, 2012, 02:55 PM

Reference manuals for a frame off restoration

I've just purchased a 1970 Olds cutlass SX 455. I'd like to do a frame off restoration, i'd like some input on what manuals I should purchase to help with disasembly, assembly, and help with re-wiring, as previous owner did a lot of rigging to keep car running. Thanks for any suggestions.
Al
Old August 16th, 2012, 03:14 PM

go to wildaboutcars and download the assembly manual. Better yet, get a camera and take pictures of everything even if you think you don't need to. Bag and tag everything too, down to the screws and where and what they are for.
Old August 16th, 2012, 03:39 PM

Thanks, will do. I know some thinks under the hood have been removed, I'm replacing intake maniold with two barrel, I'm nor sure what original choke set up was for this, hopefully, manuals will help!
Al
Old August 16th, 2012, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by hueveaj
Thanks, will do. I know some thinks under the hood have been removed, I'm replacing intake maniold with two barrel, I'm nor sure what original choke set up was for this, hopefully, manuals will help!
Al
Hi Al,

SX's kick butt. As Steven mentioned, the Assembly Manual is a great source as is a 1970 Oldsmobile Chassis Manual. It, too, can be downloaded for free on WildAboutCars.com or purchased used on ebay.

By the way, if you need a 2 barrel intake manifold and/or 2 bbl carb for the SX let me know. I have both off my car and are available for sale.

Mike
Old August 17th, 2012, 05:17 AM
72 Olds CS

Here is a link to a very comprehensive reference for many oldsmobiles with tons of support for many years

click it