General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Buckle up

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:01 AM
yaman 64

Buckle up

Good day out there folks:

My wonderful wife told me i need seat belts in the back of our 64-F85 so to take the grand kids for rides this year.
I told her back in the day. There were no belts if you stuck your head up to high your gone.
LOL Any how the question was ir there a kit or what is the proper location to mount belts in the back.
Don't know if it makes a difference but mine is a convertible hence sticking head up to high.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:35 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 64 convertible yaman
Good day out there folks:

My wonderful wife told me i need seat belts in the back of our 64-F85 so to take the grand kids for rides this year.
I told her back in the day. There were no belts if you stuck your head up to high your gone.
LOL Any how the question was ir there a kit or what is the proper location to mount belts in the back.
Don't know if it makes a difference but mine is a convertible hence sticking head up to high.
Seatbelts were a dealer-installed option that year. Your car already has the hard points for seatbelt attachment in the floorpans. My 1962 F-85 even has them. Remove the seat bottom cushion of the back seat and you should see plugs in the holes where the bolts for the seat belts go. Be aware that these are oddball fine thread fasteners (mine were 11/16" fine thread). Get reproduction or aftermarket belts, use Grade 8 fasteners, and you're good to go.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:47 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

You might find you need to run a tap down the mounting threads if they have never been used to shift any dirt or rust that has built up.

I totally agree with your wife, and I hope you both will set a good example by buckling up yourselves.

Roger.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:20 AM
yaman 64

Talking safety

Thanks for your help guys.
Your right every one should be buckled up.
That's why I want to upgrade.Have a couple sets of 64 belts from the front they should be the right length.
I'm going out now to check it out.
Thanks again for your help.
This is my wife's car and her first oldie first drive soon maby this weekend if weather permits.
YAHOOO CAN'T WAIT !!!!!
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:32 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

I think you should buy new belts, they are an important safety item and deteriorate with age.

Roger.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:50 PM
Justin

Could any one take pics of a 1965 olds cutlass post carrear seatbelt location I pulled the rear seat and found two grommets but when I pulled them they were just two holes I would like to install rear seats belts just can't seem to locate pre fab holes

Any pic would help me fab or maybe locate what I might be over looking