General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

What do you guys think about this?

Old February 23rd, 2019, 05:50 AM

What do you guys think about this?

At some point I will have my carb rebuilt and the first name that comes to mind is Cliff Rugggles who wrote the book on rochester rebuild. I don't even know if he or someone similar does this anymore? I also had a carb done a while ago by Sparky and have yet to install. I got this email this am and am curious. The description looks pretty good but I dont know if they are missing anything with regard to today's fuels or modifications etc.... ?
These guys carry most stuff others do and from what I've been told, sell to a lot of other suppliers and have been around Oldsmobiles for quite a while? Their pricing is around the same +/- a few bucks so difference may be in shipping depending where you live and customer service.
Has anybody here had good or bad experiences with them and what do you think about the carb rebuild service and quality? Oldsmobiles being a relatively small community. Im sure someone here knows someone there or maybe they are on this board?SHOP MORE THAN 6,500 OLDSMOBILE RESTORATION PARTS!DID YOU KNOW we are offer restoration service for your Quadrajet carburetor?
Old February 23rd, 2019, 06:15 AM

Thats Brothers Automotive, out in Kansas. They have good stuff and I brought a few things from a while back. I have no problems with them. I didnt know they do carburetors. That's new to me.
Old February 23rd, 2019, 06:59 AM
Frank Ignachuck

Another name to consider is Hobbs Carburetor in Pelham New Hampshire. His business card is on a nail in every shop in my area. He rebuilt mine a few years ago after someone else failed.
Old February 23rd, 2019, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by scrappie
At some point I will have my carb rebuilt and the first name that comes to mind is Cliff Rugggles who wrote the book on rochester rebuild. I don't even know if he or someone similar does this anymore? I also had a carb done a while ago by Sparky and have yet to install. I got this email this am and am curious. The description looks pretty good but I dont know if they are missing anything with regard to today's fuels or modifications etc.... ?
These guys carry most stuff others do and from what I've been told, sell to a lot of other suppliers and have been around Oldsmobiles for quite a while? Their pricing is around the same +/- a few bucks so difference may be in shipping depending where you live and customer service.
Has anybody here had good or bad experiences with them and what do you think about the carb rebuild service and quality? Oldsmobiles being a relatively small community. Im sure someone here knows someone there or maybe they are on this board?SHOP MORE THAN 6,500 OLDSMOBILE RESTORATION PARTS!DID YOU KNOW we are offer restoration service for your Quadrajet carburetor?
Cliff's Ruggles also sells carburetors and builds to your application.
I bought a reman carb from my local ac delco store, with the same number as the core carb, bolted right on, ran smooth, idled...
Though am considering holley's sniper efi master kit and distributor in near future.

Alex
Old February 23rd, 2019, 08:38 AM

I didn't notice they were BAP
Old February 23rd, 2019, 09:13 AM

Give Phillip at custom rebuilt carbs a call , he did the one on my 468, great customer service , carb was perfect.
http://www.customrebuiltcarbs.com/contact.php3
Old February 23rd, 2019, 07:49 PM

PM sent
Old February 24th, 2019, 07:42 AM

I live in MA been to Hobbs in Pelham, and they did a good job for me on a Qjet many years ago. Consider Ken at Everyday performance in CT, he has a website, he's honest, and does good work. Cliff Ruggles is very good, he's the guru, but you are probably looking at 6 months to a year out if you want plating. Avoid QUADRAJET POWER at all costs!!! ZERO customer service and poor work. That's not hearsay, that's from personal experience.