General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

1965 Starfire fuel issues. Carb floods when car is turned off.

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2019, 11:56 AM

Here's an interesting article. The Chevy guys went to Daytona Parts Co and met the owner, Ron and he took them through the process:

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/vem...ly-speaking/#/
Old January 11th, 2019, 06:41 AM

Good morning guys,
I just talked to the guys at Daytona. They put my carb on a test engine and said the carb worked great, and they didn't see any gas leaking..They did find the suspected wear in the throttle shaft which they bored out and bushed. He said my carb was correct for my car, except the baffles on the airhorn were removed for some reason. He said that should not cause any issue. The purpose for them is to keep the gas spray from the needle valves from spraying on the floats and pushing them down but most carbs did not have them. He did say I had one wrong gasket in there, the one between the throttle plate and body. Said it was for a Cadillac which has slightly smaller bores. He also said the floats were set extremely low. We decided to go ahead and have them to a complete kit rebuild, that way he can get it all the way apart and check everything and make sure everything is correct. If it comes back and leaks again, WTF...Drive it off a cliff? He said once he gets it finished it'll be engine tested again. Was surprised they got on it so quick, they only got it yesterday. Oh, and indeed the "DPC" stamp on the bottom was theirs, so they have had this carb in their shop sometime in it's past.

I'll keep an update when it gets back and on the car. Only other thing I have left to try if this doesn't work would be an electric fuel pump which I don't want to do.

Happy Friday everyone,
John
Old April 16th, 2024, 04:49 PM

Any update on this?