General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Charles Maund Oldsmobile Dealer Austin Texas

Search this Thread

Old April 2nd, 2018, 05:18 PM

Charles Maund Oldsmobile Dealer Austin Texas

Hey does anyone have any info on a old Charles Maund Oldsmobile dealer in Austin Texas? I looked online and only found a Toyota Dealer in his name? I wound up with a 1970 Olds Cutlass S roller with his trunk tag on it, and thought it wound be cool to know any history on dealer.

Thanks for any help or leads

Old April 2nd, 2018, 08:11 PM

They still exist in the same location they've been at for years BUT it's Maund's Toyota dealership now. Not sure when they first opened but I've seen other '70 models from there and a few other post-70 Olds's sold by them.

I used to occasionally buy NOS stuff from their parts counter back in the '80's...until I ran across a parts guy at a local GMC dealer that was A LOT more competitive on pricing.

Their reputation was like most new car dealers....not so great. Austin wasn't a hotbed of musclecar activity but they probably sold a few cool models over the years. Probably sold A LOT of Cutlass/442 converts (with AC).

Back in that era, San Antonio was the place to be....numerous military bases and a larger overall population (and a drag strip south of town)...LOTS MORE muscle sold down there back then.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 09:41 PM
1971 442 conv

Originally Posted by shockrebuild
Hey does anyone have any info on a old Charles Maund Oldsmobile dealer in Austin Texas? ..... I wound up with a 1970 Olds Cutlass S roller with his trunk tag on it, and thought it wound be cool to know any history on dealer.
I used to buy parts from them too. I’d be interested in this tag if you decide to sell. Tell us more about your 70. We probably know the car.

Last edited by Texas442; April 2nd, 2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 10:49 PM

Thanks guys for the replys. Here are a few more pics and what I know on the car. Pretty much a roller now, no interior left to seek of. When I bought it the seats and most of interior was cleaned out but came with a green bench seat interior and sherwood green metallic paint from factory. Story is car came to Minnesota around 2012 and sometime had a branch that fell on front drivers fender and hood, core support so they removed those pieces for scrap. Here is what I have , with a new found hood and core support. Pretty solid car whats left here.

Old April 3rd, 2018, 03:22 AM

Looks like a great project! Good to see another wisconsinite on here, where are you located?

Greg
Old April 3rd, 2018, 04:53 AM

Hey Greg Im from Jefferson, Wi. Yes good start to a project for sure, Im going to sell this one cause Im going to purchase a more complete one from New Mexico in two weeks.

Thanks

Rick
Old April 3rd, 2018, 07:18 AM

70 cutlass

About to get real busy in your neck of the woods in 3 weeks