Van Ness Oldsmobile window sticker info wanted - ClassicOldsmobile.com

General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:19 PM   #1

Van Ness Oldsmobile window sticker info wanted

I have a 1969 Cutlass that I know came from Van Ness Oldsmobile in San Francisco.

I am trying to repro the window sticker for it. I have most info for it but....

I have seen original window stickers and it seems that besides the name and location of the dealership, that in the upper right hand corner there is a Letter, followed by 5 digits something like: K83091

is this the ID code of the dealership?? or something else???

If it is the ID Code of the dealership????? HOw can I find the Code for Van Ness Oldsmobile????

Fred
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wind_stik_01.jpg (70.9 KB, 14 views)
FStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:52 PM   #2

That is the order number for the car order. Years ago order forms were pre-numbered. When I was involved with the ordering of cars 30 years, we made up our own order numbers. Once the order was acknowledged by the factory and entered in the order bank, it would be used for preferencing. Preferencing is the process of letting the factory know which vehicles the dealership prefers to receive first. Sold customer orders are always given first preference.

If you don't have the original build sheet for the car, there is no way of knowing what the order number was.
Oldsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 03:58 PM   #3
Randy C.

The dealer code for Van Ness Oldsmobile in 1969 was 23-871. My '69 4-4-2 convertible was assembled at Fremont, CA, and sold originally by Van Ness Olds. There was no build sheet on my car. You might look above the gas tank to see if your build sheet is there. The Fremont plant sometimes left a build sheet with the car above the gas tank, under the carpet, behind the plastic backing piece on a bucket seat, or behind a door or back seat panel.

On some window stickers, the dealer code was printed in place of the dealer address on the "DEALER TO WHOM DELIVERED" line, just to the left of the order number of the car described by Oldsfan. That was the case with my '68 4-4-2 convertible (Lansing car) of which I have the original window sticker. But, in more cases than not, the dealer name and address is usually in those top two lines.

Randy C.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1009171350.jpg (1.91 MB, 10 views)
rcorrigan5 is offline   Reply With Quote