General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Original mirror position 88

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2017, 08:02 AM

Original mirror position 88

hi all,
can anybody tell me the exact position of the original rear view mirror(s) on a 1966 88?
looks like horizontally centered between the door lines and vertically from the vent window frame. but maybe there's more precise info...
thanks in advance
Old May 2nd, 2017, 08:32 PM

I have saved every piece of paper that has come with GM parts so I am fairly sure that I have the locating template from the RH accessory mirror at least. You can go to https://www.oldsobsolete.com/ and send me Mike a note useing the contact button and he will see if he can find it in the file. Be sure to include make,model and if you have a manual mirror or not.
Old May 6th, 2017, 12:40 PM

thank you very much olds obsolete! that's a very kind offer.
I've already been browsing your website several times in the past. Terrific shop! I've learned from the internet that there's seemingly no L and R version of these mirrors. So today I tried to figure out a position, where I can see something through the passenger side mirror. But it seems that this is not possible in any position, close to where it should be located (like in the picture) . Is there a R Version with a different joint?