General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

quarter window problem

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2016, 06:44 PM
snowking

quarter window problem

Hello---I need help with my 70 olds cutlass convertible rear quarter window passenger side. I have taken the window out and put a new roller on however there is a lot of play in the window when winding the window up and down. I have seen in some restoration part books that there is a tension spring listed to be used to put pressure on the rollers for smooth operation. When I took my window to replace the rollers I didn't notice any spring. If I order this spring can someone tell me where it attaches or how it attaches to the window.
Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. Snowking
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:59 AM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

One...Your best bet is to purchase the fisher body assembly manual. Two...Then take apart the other side and see whats missing and compare. Windows can be tricky. Small tweaks here and there and patience. Look at the witness marks where the original fasteners were. Put them back in that spot then start adjusting. Are you sure the rollers are the right diameter? Are the rollers on snug with little movement on their mounts? Dont mess with the regulator spring is has nothing to do with the slop.
Old April 7th, 2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Roineige1556
Hello---I need help with my 70 olds cutlass convertible rear quarter window passenger side. I have taken the window out and put a new roller on however there is a lot of play in the window when winding the window up and down. I have seen in some restoration part books that there is a tension spring listed to be used to put pressure on the rollers for smooth operation. When I took my window to replace the rollers I didn't notice any spring. If I order this spring can someone tell me where it attaches or how it attaches to the window.
Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. Snowking
did you ever figure out how the spring went together im trying to install my spring and not sure how it is installed properly--thanks---Greg
Old April 9th, 2018, 06:50 AM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Yes, please follow up with your posts here. It makes it easy for the next guy to search and find the solution.