General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Please Help-Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2010, 07:48 PM

Please Help-Won't Start

Hi, So in the mist of my tranny leaking, I got in the car this morning and it cranked over once and now does nothing. The lights on the dash turn on when I turn the key but thats it. No sound, nothing!! I first thought it was the alarm, so i disconnected it, that was not it. I tried to start the car in neutral, that did not work. I went through all the gears shifting down then up again, that did not work.. Hit the starter with medal, that did not work. I am at such a loss for what is wrong and have asked four different family memebers to help and the are not trying to help and I just don't know what to do. The car is sticking half way out of my spot cause I can't push it by myself in to the spot. If anyone could offer some help, I would totally appreciate it!
Old July 9th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jannebill
Hi, So in the mist of my tranny leaking, I got in the car this morning and it cranked over once and now does nothing. The lights on the dash turn on when I turn the key but thats it. No sound, nothing!! I first thought it was the alarm, so i disconnected it, that was not it. I tried to start the car in neutral, that did not work. I went through all the gears shifting down then up again, that did not work.. Hit the starter with medal, that did not work. I am at such a loss for what is wrong and have asked four different family memebers to help and the are not trying to help and I just don't know what to do. The car is sticking half way out of my spot cause I can't push it by myself in to the spot. If anyone could offer some help, I would totally appreciate it!
Very possible that your starter solenoid is fried. You can drop the starter, take off the solenoid and have it bench tested at a local parts store. Anyway, from what you've posted, that's my best guess. If I'm right, the good news is that a starter solenoid is pretty cheap.