General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Dual Gate Slider Plate Tab Knob - Discontinued By Resto Parts Houses ?

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2014, 09:22 PM

Dual Gate Slider Plate Tab **** - Discontinued By Resto Parts Houses ?

Today I placed an order with Fusick's for various things. One item I needed is the little square black **** that goes on the slider plate tab that you use to move the plate. Fusick's said they didn't know whay I was talking about - they don't have it in their catalog, and a OE 71 unit the sales guy had right in front of him does not have it either. I could have sworn everyone used to carry this part, but it has been a long time (15 plus years) since I have needed one. Did it become discontinued by Fusick and others? Anyone know where to get one or have one for sale?

Last edited by costpenn; October 3rd, 2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2014, 11:32 PM
"Trying to fix her right"

Just checked out TPP web sight and it looks like they just sell the complete chrome dust cover, including the black plastic ****. $19 for the whole thing.
Old October 4th, 2014, 04:39 AM

I ran into this issue several years ago when I was putting together a dual gate package for my car. Be aware that when you purchase the entire reproduction piece that the plastic **** is notably larger, and not identical to factory. I still have not found an original available and have figured that I'll buy the repro if i don't locate one before final assembly. If yours was missing, I would have been really looking for it carefully under the console or the seats on disassembly, you never know....