General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Cornering Lamps

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2009, 09:52 PM
is Fast Enough ...

Cornering Lamps

Would the wiring on installing Cornering Lamps be as simple as hooking up to the flasher lead ..?
Old December 19th, 2009, 10:12 PM

Nope - you would need the correct type of turn signal switch and wire harness. Not sure if one of those TS switches would fit in your existing column, either. I am curious to know if it will.
Old December 19th, 2009, 10:34 PM
is Fast Enough ...

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Nope - you would need the correct type of turn signal switch and wire harness. Not sure if one of those TS switches would fit in your existing column, either. I am curious to know if it will.
When I did this swap back in the day we always had the matching column I would always grab both ...

I was thinking a computer gizmo could transform the signal ...
Old December 20th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Registered

If you're an electronics guru type guy this timing circuit thing may work. It's only on for 5 seconds unless I'm not getting it which is very possible. It seems like it should be on longer?

http://www.fordmods.com/documents.php?d=10

I saw on a buick site that guys use 1980-'91 Ford-Lincoln-Mercury cornering lamp relays to retrofit cornering lamps, no specifics on wiring though. There's supposed to be two of them under the dash. I guess they tie into the individual turn signal leads and maintain power to the lamps when they're flashing? They say people like them because the cornering lights stay on for a few seconds after the turn signal switch is off.

What housings would you use?
A '68 Riv' cornering lamp is sort of the same shape.
Old December 20th, 2009, 05:46 PM
is Fast Enough ...

Originally Posted by Bluevista
If you're an electronics guru type guy this timing circuit thing may work. It's only on for 5 seconds unless I'm not getting it which is very possible. It seems like it should be on longer?

http://www.fordmods.com/documents.php?d=10

I saw on a buick site that guys use 1980-'91 Ford-Lincoln-Mercury cornering lamp relays to retrofit cornering lamps, no specifics on wiring though. There's supposed to be two of them under the dash. I guess they tie into the individual turn signal leads and maintain power to the lamps when they're flashing? They say people like them because the cornering lights stay on for a few seconds after the turn signal switch is off.

What housings would you use?
A '68 Riv' cornering lamp is sort of the same shape.
GTO or GS ...

Nice find, it looks very doable ...

Last edited by mugzilla; December 20th, 2009 at 05:52 PM.