General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

'70 Olds Rallye Fuel / Brake Lines

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2018, 04:46 PM

'70 Olds Rallye Fuel / Brake Lines

Hi, I was wondering if the fuel / brake lines for my Rallye are the same as a cutlass? Can I order ones for a '70 Cutlass? Also are they fairly easy to replace? (The reason I ask is I would have had to take the body off my GTO to change fuel lines.) Are they similar to a Camaro / Nova? I did replace the fuel / brake lines on a '69 Camaro with little problems.
Thanks for any & all answers. I welcome any advice.
Todd
Old January 26th, 2018, 07:37 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Federated52
Hi, I was wondering if the fuel / brake lines for my Rallye are the same as a cutlass? Can I order ones for a '70 Cutlass? Also are they fairly easy to replace? (The reason I ask is I would have had to take the body off my GTO to change fuel lines.) Are they similar to a Camaro / Nova? I did replace the fuel / brake lines on a '69 Camaro with little problems.
Thanks for any & all answers. I welcome any advice.
Todd
Yes. The lines for a Cutlass with the same engine and equipment (ie, A/C or non-A/C, drum vs disk) are the same lines. All Olds A-body cars within a given year and with the same equipment use the same lines.
Old January 26th, 2018, 12:49 PM

Thanks Joe. Do the lines run on the outside of the frame, or do they run through the frame at any point? I guess I will figure that out when I get the car home though. Thanks Again.
Old January 26th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Federated52
Thanks Joe. Do the lines run on the outside of the frame, or do they run through the frame at any point? I guess I will figure that out when I get the car home though. Thanks Again.
Inside the frame (for protection from rocks). The fuel lines run through the front crossmember. If you are thinking about installing pre-bent lines, be aware that the factory installed the lines on the frame before the body. You pretty much have to lift the body to install the full, one-piece pre-bent lines. Otherwise, you need to cut and splice or bend and unbend to get them in place.
Old January 26th, 2018, 02:14 PM

Well crap, that's not what I wanted to hear. Sounds like too much work for me & probably too expensive to lift the body off just to replace lines......unless it needs to be replaced. Hopefully someone did it before me & don't need replacing. We will see. Thanks Again.