General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

2016 Oldsmobile Nationals

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2015, 10:31 AM

2016 Oldsmobile Nationals

When and where will this event be held in 2016?
Old December 17th, 2015, 10:48 AM

http://www.dixieoldsclub.com/kingsport-2016.html
Old December 17th, 2015, 11:39 AM

Excellent!

I am thinking about loading up a truck full of parts and heading up there so as to meet everyone in person. It sounds like these are fun events.

Thanks
Old December 17th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Oldsdruid

Just hope I can go. If y'all see me in a big blue Mercury, don't laugh. I do lots of stupid things, but setting off on a 350 mile round trip in cars that haven't been run in several years ain't one of them. Guess I could drive the old Gray Ghost wagon- much as I'm spending on its cooling system this month it should be ready to roll up US58 thru the mountains.
Old December 17th, 2015, 12:24 PM

Be sure to register. If you just show up to vend there may not be spaces available. This also helps those hosting the event to plan.

You will not regret going!

Don W
Old December 17th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Olds Fever

If you need hotel reservations make them sooner then later.... The host hotel is already booked full.... I think they will take names for replacing cancelled reservations at the host hotel....
Old December 17th, 2015, 04:29 PM

Come on up, like Shifty said, you will not regret it!
Old December 17th, 2015, 05:13 PM

If it half as good as Brookfield was, you can't miss it. And it's a two for one - the Hurst /Olds nationals are being held there around the same time! We'll have another CO meet up one night as well.
Old December 20th, 2015, 01:39 PM

I am checking into reservations now.
Old December 20th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Lansing built

I swapped hotels to one of the alternates just the other day! Saving $12 per day plus tax.

Pat
Old December 22nd, 2015, 07:07 AM

This could be a possibility for us this year the wife seems to be on board (lots of things shes interested in doing down that way)
Old December 30th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Oldsdruid

Just made reservations at Quality Inn for 7/20-23. It, the Hampton Inn and Comfort Suites are all pretty close together so hope to see y'all there.

I found that AAA got me a better room rate than the show rate, so if you have AAA, AARP or any rewards cards, time to use 'em. Mo' money fo' de swap meet!

If I'm gonna get an Oldsmobile ready I've got to hustle, but with limited time, and rotator cuff surgery in the picture the next couple months, odds are I'll be on the wagon or the Big M. And the wagon can haul more stuff! Its A/C or cruise don't work, but the mountains should be cooler and cruise ain't worth a hoot on rolling hills like US58 from here to Bristol anyway.
Old December 30th, 2015, 01:24 PM

At the 2015 nationals we signed up for a cancellation list for the 2016 host hotel. We did not get reservations on time. I just called them to see where I was at on the list and they had no idea what I was talking about. After talking to several people it turns out they tossed the list out.

If you are waiting on a call from them it is not going to happen. I am glad I figured this out now.

Just made reservations at the Comfort Inn. They have several rooms left.
Old December 30th, 2015, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
At the 2015 nationals we signed up for a cancellation list for the 2016 host hotel. We did not get reservations on time. I just called them to see where I was at on the list and they had no idea what I was talking about. After talking to several people it turns out they tossed the list out.

If you are waiting on a call from them it is not going to happen. I am glad I figured this out now.

Just made reservations at the Comfort Inn. They have several rooms left.

Good to know. Thank you!
Old May 31st, 2016, 07:06 PM

I was doing some research on this but I can't find an actual map of the meet. It's going to be held at the MeadowView Marriott in Kingsport, correct? I assume they have a large field/group of fields for the swap meet. Is there a show & shine section where you can park your Olds if you aren't entered for judging? I was thinking of driving the '69 up from NC for the day. I looked at the OCA site but didn't find these specific answers. A vendor list would be helpful too.
Old June 1st, 2016, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by 65Delta
I was doing some research on this but I can't find an actual map of the meet. It's going to be held at the MeadowView Marriott in Kingsport, correct? I assume they have a large field/group of fields for the swap meet. Is there a show & shine section where you can park your Olds if you aren't entered for judging? I was thinking of driving the '69 up from NC for the day. I looked at the OCA site but didn't find these specific answers. A vendor list would be helpful too.
Here is a link to the Dixie Olds Club that might have a little more info:

http://www.dixieoldsclub.com/kingsport-2016.html
Old June 1st, 2016, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by 65Delta
I was doing some research on this but I can't find an actual map of the meet. It's going to be held at the MeadowView Marriott in Kingsport, correct? I assume they have a large field/group of fields for the swap meet. Is there a show & shine section where you can park your Olds if you aren't entered for judging?
I've been to a couple of Nationals, and as I recall there is only one show field. There is not one show field for cars that will be judged and another for cars that won't be.

I believe you have to pre-register for the event, although the registration form (link below) only mentions the pre-registration requirement for cars that will be judged. There is normally no day-of registration. If you want to bring your car, even if it's not judged, you should pre-register to be safe. It will parked on the same show field as any other registered car. It just won't be judged.

Also, you have to be a member of the OCA to register and show a car. If you're not a member, the fee charged to register includes a year's membership in the OCA.

A printable copy of the registration form is here. It says in the "Vehicle and Judging Information" box that non-judged cars will be parked on the same field as judged cars.

http://www.oldsmobileclub.org/wp-con...tion-Form1.pdf