General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Any experience with year one?

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2015, 08:02 AM

Any experience with year one?

Hi there,

first of all i want to apologize if this topic comes in conflict with board rules, I took a look but didnt find a reason to post not. If I didnt see a specific rule, please delete my posting.

When I bought my car (from a german guy) I got it with a year one catalogue; the guy ordered there parts in 1999 and was always very satisfied with this company.

As I am in need for a lot of parts I asked there for a quote for those parts, everything was answered very fast and the final order, incl. my credit card details have been placed on 05/03. The value is approx. 2000$.

Since that time, nothing. No shipment made. My card is charged since 05/15, emails from my side about a shipment date remain unanswered. There have been some parts in the order (door panels) with longer delivery time of 14 days, but also this time is passed.

As things, people and companies might change a lot within 16 years I would like to ask you if there are any negative known issues with them, if so, please let me know via PM as -since my card is charged now- time is running for a possible charge back via my credit card company. (Oh well, and 2000 bucks are a LOT of money for me...)

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Marc
Old May 27th, 2015, 09:59 AM
72 Olds CS

Afaik year one is a good company I have bought from them in the past w no issues. I haven't seen any negative feedback regarding them. I would call them and confirm details sometimes email isn't the best form of communication.
Old May 27th, 2015, 10:12 AM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Thumbs up

Two thumbs up! I have never had a bad dealing with YO. Ive been buying parts from them since 1985 when their catalog was hand typed. Same goes for Fusick.
Old May 27th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Rocket Renegade!

Big outfit now, but very professional, very efficient and very helpful. I've gotten lots of stuff from them over the years and can't recall a problem. Call them. They'll get you sorted out.
Old May 27th, 2015, 10:53 AM

YO is expensive for parts and shipping.

Their order fill rate is not great.

Better than OPGI, but Fusick is the best.
Old May 27th, 2015, 10:53 AM

Thumbs up

I've always had good luck and fast shipping with Year One. Perhaps they are taking a little longer to put your shipment together - I would guess that $2000 worth of parts is probably a larger shipment.
Old May 27th, 2015, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by My442
YO is expensive for parts and shipping.

Their order fill rate is not great.

Better than OPGI, but Fusick is the best.
X2, I agree that they are expensive. I bought a few things from them with no problems but before I buy I do shop around. Fusick is my favorite.
Old May 27th, 2015, 11:27 AM

ive used them for 2 decades...never had an issue...they are expensive on shipping..sometimes stupid expensive..but they always come thru. One of the best mail order companys ive ever used...

Could it be because your in Europe? Instead of emailing them..call them
Old May 27th, 2015, 03:29 PM

I've heard they don't carry anything in stock and dropship everything. My buddy ordered a black floor carpet from them and waited weeks. He called them up and told him it's being sent from the factory. I've also heard they layed off a lot of people because business isn't coming in. I don't know how they stay in business, their prices are ridiculously high. You'll probably be waiting awhile for your parts. I'd cancel the order and go to Fusick.
Old May 27th, 2015, 06:02 PM
Lansing built

I have dealt with Year One quite a bit, only one issue. Called them about it, with many apologies and quick ship had the replacement part shipped with no hassles! Great company I highly recommend them!

Fusick does run a close second and they now come to homecoming and are always at the nationals.

Pat
Old May 27th, 2015, 06:16 PM

They've always been great for me. I got a wrong pulley, probably my fault, but when I called, they shipped out the correct one instantly, overnight express, didn't charge me for the part or the shipping, and told me to ship back the wrong one when it was convenient. They may have even paid for the return shipping. Stand-up company, I have nothing but good to say about them. Give 'em a call, they're nice people to talk to.