General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

For owners of 1959 Oldsmobiles -- an event for you

Old March 14th, 2015, 12:02 PM

For owners of 1959 Oldsmobiles -- an event for you

1959 General Motors Western National Meet, June 27, 28, 2015 Tacoma, WA

During recent years, enthusiastic owners of 1959 model year General Motors passenger cars have met and toured together here in the Puget Sound area of Washington state.

For 2015, we are taking the next step and expanding the concept to attract owners from a broader geographical area. Noted "Motorama" book author, David Temple, will be joining us from Texas, with the goal of photographing 1959 GM cars for potential future publication.

We already have the owner of a fine, original 1959 Buick LeSabre planning to bring his car from Southern California.

Our plan calls for a Saturday meet and photography session, followed by an optional, leisurely Sunday "1959 GM Imagination in Motion" driving tour. This is an opportunity to meet and participate with other owners of the GM Five for '59! We hope to re-create the famous 1959 General Motors Passenger Car Panororama photograph that was shot at the GM Proving Grounds and published as a fold-out in the 1958 General Motors Annual Report.

We're seeking cars that are generally "correct" with original-type wheel trim and ride height. This is not a Concours type event, but the emphasis will be on fine original or correctly restored automobiles, and we hope for representative examples of many body styles and factory color schemes.

If you have interest in participating with us, please send me an e-mail at: brianL@americanconstco.com

To help whet your appetite, here are just a few photos from some of our events during recent years.

Old March 14th, 2015, 02:36 PM

Please post some pics !
Old March 14th, 2015, 05:01 PM

lazy394, absolutely!

Meanwhile, I'm in contact with six '59 Oldsmobile owners about this event, but need to reach more.

If there is any OCA member who is willing to scan for me the membership roster pages for California, Oregon, and Washington, it would be fantastic.

My e-mail address is: brianL@americanconstco.com

I'm not an OCA member; Buick guy here. But I love all the GM cars, and would love to make direct contact with additional 1959 Oldsmobile owners / enthusiasts.