General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Yes I have an uncurable case of AADD

Old October 11th, 2008, 08:27 PM
car guy

Yes I have an uncurable case of AADD

Also known as Automotive Attension Deficit Disorder. The 66 Cutlass is my only project. I normally have 3-4 cars I split my time between and never get anything done. I thought I was cured and have been doing so good for the last year but I have fallen off the wagon. Going to pick up a 64 Lemans disgused are a GTO in Oklahoma Sunday. Its so far apart it will take two trailers to pick it up but its rust free and comes with all the parts to complete. Many new in boxes. Ive always wanted one and I worked out a deal to trade my 67 Cutlass and more cash since he will be able to sell a complete car a lot easier.

Old October 12th, 2008, 05:17 AM

Looks like a nice toy. Hope to have one myself one day.
Old October 12th, 2008, 07:34 AM

Have you seen a professional about you disorder. I am sure he would say you need to sell all of your cars, tools, lifts, etc, to someone and take up quilt making, knitting, cooking, and hanging with the womens groups.

I am a generous person and I will step up to the plate and offer to take all of the tools, cars, equipment of yours hands for a reasonable price. After all it is my duty to help you in your time on need.

Pat 1957-455

Last edited by citcapp; October 12th, 2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old October 12th, 2008, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Have you seen a professional about you disorder. I am sure he would say you need to sell all of your cars, tools, lifts, etc, to someone and take up quilt making, knitting, cooking, and hanging with the womens groups.

I am a generous person and I will step up to the plate and offer to take all of the tools, cars, equipment of yours hands for a reasonable price. After all it is my duty to help you in your time on need.

Pat 47-455
Old October 12th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Now you have two of my favorite cars, a 66 442 and a 64 GTO. I have to get over there in the coming months to see them since you are so close.
Old October 12th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Past Administrator

Poor guy, we'll remember you in our prayers...
Old October 12th, 2008, 01:11 PM

I gotta ask! what is wifie saying about the toys? I can guess what the munchkin is thinkin
Old October 12th, 2008, 01:21 PM

I think we all suffer mildly from this condition.

I feel for you man.
Old October 13th, 2008, 08:27 AM
car guy

Back home Sanford and Son style. 4.5 hours each way and about 3.5 hours to load it all up. We put the frame on one trailer and what little bit we could fit in his V6 truck without worrying about it being over loaded.
The rest went in every spot nook and cranny I could find in my truck. Front seat, back seat, bed are all more than packed. A car takes up a lot of room in pieces.

I built he whole car in my head on the way home. I came up with some really cool ideas if I follow through. I do my best thinking on a long trip.

Old October 13th, 2008, 05:27 PM

Looks like all the dirty stuff is done. Any mods planned or is that one going to be a stocker?
Old October 13th, 2008, 08:53 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by csstrux
Looks like all the dirty stuff is done. Any mods planned or is that one going to be a stocker?
I don't do stock but this one will be more stock than the Olds with a few mods.
Black with the red interior 15" Vintage Wheel Works big in littles with redline tires and a factory style red pinstripe. I have something very specific planed for the motor but I am not quite ready to share the details. I will say I have never seen it done but if it comes out like I have it in my head people are going to flip over it.

-Richard
Old October 16th, 2008, 07:10 AM
car guy

OK its all tucked away in the garage so I can leave it alone and get back to the Olds. It will hibernate there over the winter

Old October 16th, 2008, 07:27 AM

No your just car crazy like a lot of us. Nothing wrong with that. It is nice to stick to one project at a time unless you have unlimited funds and space. You will be just fine. If not you can unload some other projects to fund others too. Nothing like having collateral sitting around.
Old October 16th, 2008, 08:00 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by 68/70 Cutlass
No your just car crazy like a lot of us. Nothing wrong with that. It is nice to stick to one project at a time unless you have unlimited funds and space. You will be just fine. If not you can unload some other projects to fund others too. Nothing like having collateral sitting around.
After looking at that Charger the last thing you need to be is here on the puter'

Now go get back to work. You are doing an excellent job.