General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Oldsmobile Accessories

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2008, 05:36 PM

Oldsmobile Accessories

Check out my Oldsmobile accessories!

I got the Blue Beast from my dad (Oldsguy). He got it from my Great Uncle Roy when he was a teenager. Oldsguy had it for years and then he gave it to me when I bought my first car (a 1975 Chevy Caprice). I kept the Blue Beast in the back of my Chevy and in the back of my Oldsmobile for awhile. However, I decided the sun and age weren't good for his "fur." Recently he has been chilling in the garage on my tool rack.

The Oldsmobile wheel table is a SS wheel from a 70s Delta 88. I painted it blue to match my Lazy Boy. It is a great coffee table. Too bad I don't ever drink coffee. Mostly it sees beer whenever I get a chance to watch some SUPER ACTION movies between turning a wrench and working.

Please let me know what you think, and post pics of your own Oldsmobile accoutrements.

BTW, has anyone seen any of the Blue Beast's relatives? I would love to find another one like him; however, I have never seen another.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
BBeast.jpg (94.5 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg
Table.jpg (92.4 KB, 119 views)
Old March 19th, 2018, 06:46 AM

I read another thread today that reminded me of my Oldsmobile wheel table. I still have it but it's currently in pieces in my shop. I also still have the Blue Beast, he's been moved inside my house to my liquor bar next to my glasses.

I also got an Oldsmobile clock for Christmas. This is the one. I thought I had a picture of it in my shop but maybe I posted that on the Ford trucks forum...

Turns out I did post this on the Ford trucks forum. Now you guys can give me hell too.

So, I will be guilty of thread ressurection. I don't know why nobody responded 10 years ago. Do we have another thread in which this has been discussed?

Old March 21st, 2018, 05:15 AM

is the blue beast an actual olds promo item??i have a gto tiger.
Old March 21st, 2018, 05:26 AM

I don't think the Blue Beast is an Olds promo item. Truthfully I don't know what it is. I've tried to look for info on it before. I've never found anything.

I guess when I started this thread 10 years ago I didn't intend for it to be exclusively Oldsmobile items. Surely other folks have fuzzy dice or bobble heads in their Oldsmobiles?

I guess I should post pics of the brown fuzzy dice in my Olds and the Elvis bobble head I have since I'm the only one on our site that has cool stuff like this.
Old March 21st, 2018, 08:17 PM

Blue beast looks vaguely like cookie monster, but seems to predate him by 50 years.

I have a Big Jerr Olds Clock, a Building 70 brick, a Fisher Body brick, and I think that's it. I try not to collect stuff for the cars. I like the cars, and things I can hang on the wall. Other stuff takes up too much room, although I do have a traffic light (I should sell it) and I have an old PBR thermometer of my granddad's.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 06:34 AM

Please post pics. That sounds like cool stuff!

I believe the Blue Beast dates to the mid 70s. It does look like Cookie Monster, I've also noted it's similar to the "Kilroy was here" graffiti from WW2. The closest thing I've found to him are Flufflings toys.