General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

West coast guys: Reno swap meet in sacramento AUG. 3

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I am "74omega" NO SPACE

West coast guys: Reno swap meet in sacramento AUG. 3

Just a heads up:

The Reno swap meet will be in Sacramento at the Arco Arena AUG. 3 2008..This is the first year it will be held in Sacramento. Here is a link..
http://www.renoswapmeet.com/
Old July 25th, 2008, 05:59 PM

I wonder why it moved way down here to Sac ? I plan on going, no money to buy anything, but it's fun to look !
BTW I stopped going to HAN after they had the riots. Too much getto trash hanging around, wasn't fun anymore like it used to be.

:EDIT: Duhh, I just read the story on the venue change from the web site. I am glad they have the ***** to post the story, tell the HAN staff to get stuffed, and host a swap meet like they used to and should be held ! After reading that I plan on going to show my support !!! I encourage everyone else who can go do the same ! Keep the old car hobby out of the big corporate political machine !
Screw HAN, they are ruining that once great venue just like the Good Guys ruined car shows in the bay area !

Last edited by Modern Motoring; July 25th, 2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old July 25th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I am "74omega" NO SPACE

I am on the hunt for a 410408 3 series posi, a set of 3.42 gears, new HEI/ possible ignition setup,suspension components, and whatever olds engine goodies I can find.

NO MONEY??? just do what I do and recycle cans/bottles for auto funding only. Ask you friends who don't recycle to save them for you.I make about $100 a month on them from home/my business/friends who save them for me... Hell I just funded a Holley 650 double pumper and a AED performance kit for it with recycle money.. No stealing CATS or Copper tubing now.. Thats cheating.. LOL..

I would BEG but I'm too fat to be homeless..
Old July 25th, 2008, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by 74omega
I am on the hunt for a 410408 3 series posi, a set of 3.42 gears, new HEI/ possible ignition setup,suspension components, and whatever olds engine goodies I can find.

NO MONEY??? just do what I do and recycle cans/bottles for auto funding only. Ask you friends who don't recycle to save them for you.I make about $100 a month on them from home/my business/friends who save them for me... Hell I just funded a Holley 650 double pumper and a AED performance kit for it with recycle money.. No stealing CATS or Copper tubing now.. Thats cheating.. LOL..

I would BEG but I'm too fat to be homeless..
HA ! I couldn't beg either, for the same reasons !!!!

I'm broke because I just bought a house on five acres up near Placerville.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 09:13 PM
I am "74omega" NO SPACE

Well I went and it was GREAT. Although I did not find anything I wanted I had a blast with my family.

I did buy a vintage Mini-Bike though, it is a classic one with a B & S 3HP it is MINT and runs great.. I'm already gonna swap in a Subaru/robins 7HP unit lol.. Picked it up for $100

I missed a set of weld drag stars 15x10 and 15x8 for $250.
Old August 4th, 2008, 01:00 PM

I was stuck with our muli family garage sale this past weekend, made some decent money though. The exhaust pipe is hanging on Marge, so I need to crawl underneath and fix it .

Glad to hear you had a great time ! I hope it was popular and will return next year !
Old August 6th, 2008, 06:24 AM

That is a very nice place for a swap meet. That is one off the largest parking lot I've seen. Pleanty spaces for sellers and buyers. Not much Olds stuff. Hope they return next year.
Old August 6th, 2008, 06:19 PM

Swap Meet

Hey guys, I'm a few hours North here in Medford Oregon. I've got a lot of spare parts and some project cars for sale. If you get up this way you'd be welcome to paruse the collection/clutter/stuff! John
Old August 7th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Ca's Only Official OLZNUT

I heard that the OCA is trying to get a National in Reno for 2011....... I was in Reno when the riots started up in '98 I think it was. Me and my buddy got interviewed 'cause we were out protecting our cars.
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:26 PM

Yes the Nor Cal Chapter is trying to organise 2011 in Reno. We tryed to host it in the Bay Area, but hotel prices were just to high, so they are trying to find cheaper locations, and Reno is one off them. I'm not real involved in it, but they are asking for prople willing to help, and I agreed, so I have heard some off the info. That problem in Reno that year was Hot Agust Nights. There is a lot off people there for that. OCA Nat Meet will not have near the cars or people, but that is one off the things they have to look at, as they will need 24 hour sucurity. Should have more info soon, as it has to be OK buy the Nat Club, and it will take a lot off time ,and helpto pull this off.