General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

NOS 15" Spoke Wheel covers NIB

Old July 13th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Just an Olds Guy

NOS 15" Spoke Wheel covers NIB

Normally I wouldn't think of pitching anything for sale on evilbay to you. BUT THIS IS SOMETHING YOU DON'T SEE EVERYDAY.

For the next 3+ days there's a set of New Old Stock Wire Wheel Covers that fits Olds 15 inch rims up for grabs. This auction's been going for several days and no takers. The guy has them listed for 200.00. And they are New In Box. BTW, you need 15 inch wheels with the deep inset on the front, or these won't fit.

I bought a new set of 14 inch NOS for my Cutlass S in Jan and they cost me 450.00 + shipping; but they are perfect.

Anyway, if any of you are interested in looking or buying them, this is how they are listed on ebay:

Oldsmobile Cutlass 72-79 Wire Wheel Hubcaps Set of 4
Item number: 280245336455

And NO, I'M NOT THE GUY SELLING THESE. Just thought some of you might have an interest. I put the pics in for now so you could get a quick reference. I'm going to delete this by Thurs so it doesn't take up my file space. Hope this works for someone.

Last edited by Allan R; July 16th, 2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old July 13th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Past Administrator

looks like a good deal Allan, thanks for the heads up! By the way, what is that blue/white train looking thing in your avatar? A famous mono rail?
Old July 13th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I moonlight by day as a Rail Instructor/examiner, evenings and nights are spent enjoying non work related activities.
Originally Posted by Oldsguy
By the way, what is that blue/white train looking thing in your avatar? A famous mono rail?
It's a brand new 2008 SD-160 Light Rail Vehicle manufactured by SIEMENS in Sacramento. First of its kind in the world. This pic was taken in the shop about 2 weeks ago. It will likely be commissioned and available for operator training next week when I get back from holidays.

This train has less than 30 miles on it, still has that "new train smell". State of the art traction power, computerized driver controls, on board security monitoring systems, enhanced ride and passenger comfort options, and ssssmmmmooooottth. It's a really sweet ride if you like driving big things.

If only it was an Oldsmovehicle.......
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Just an Olds Guy

So these wheel covers went for an amazingly low 285.00
You couldn't even get them NIB from GM back then for that price. Whoever bought them got one heck of a deal. Hope it was someone from CO.