General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

standard post shims.

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2013, 12:10 PM
jfb

Smile standard post shims.

hey guys I posted this before and found out that borg warner makes standard post shims or post caps as I like to call them. I contacted them and found out that there parts have almost zero resistance and are slotted for a tighter fit. I personally do not like chianese or parts from mexico the standards are horrible. I said earlier that batterys are made cheaply and it is a shame that we as a group have to put up with this bs. I have a battery that puts out over 1100 ccamps ,but the cheap shims I had had a lot of resistance in them and I did not know this until I came to everyone for some answers. thank you by the way for the info,it helped me out. keep it rolling, time this year is getting short and get the job done. by the way there is no need for other posts on this unless you want to, I have things to do and get done guys. good luck.
Old May 6th, 2014, 06:26 PM
jfb

this is info for all and it does not need replying etc. I found recently and asked for it also a smaller post clamp at pep boys. I hope it helps some out and they are color coded guys.