General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.
View Poll Results: Would you feel iTrader feedback would help protect members from sheisters
Yes
61.90%
No
33.33%
Another option - Please post it
4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

iTrader for forum selling/buying feedback protection

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2013, 05:12 AM

iTrader for forum selling/buying feedback protection

If you guys want protection from shady sellers and scumbags this is one of the tools available to protect forum members.
I'm going to throw it up for a Poll and then you can contact Omnicron to request it be added to the message board.

Numerous car forums I frequent have this instituted to keep scumbags out of the sellers mix.
When you have no feedback rating and a complaint thread doesn't last very long in the minds of many it's easy targets for predatory sellers.
Lord knows the world is full of people who will take your money quickly and easily.

This is something you can leave POSITIVE results for good sellers, and NEGATIVE results for bad sellers.
FYI The sellers rating shows up right under their avatar at all times.

Vote away.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=102965

Or this one.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52188

itrader-2.jpg

Last edited by Aceshigh; February 15th, 2013 at 05:18 AM.
Old February 15th, 2013, 07:33 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

The site seems to be in limbo, last developed in November 2011.

I think the idea is a good one, but perhaps with a more up to date application.

Roger.
Old February 15th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Here's the problem, inherently you will get a person who has an axe to grind. The ones that you cannot make happy no matter what. Or someone who has a different philosophy, there are a great many threads that have been started by an individual with a wild hair that has just too much time on their hands.

Last edited by oldcutlass; February 15th, 2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old February 15th, 2013, 08:00 AM

This is not e-bay.
Old February 15th, 2013, 09:10 AM
72 Olds CS

True it's not ebay...yet,

One other site I was active at "upgraded" (Microsoft style upgrade you know less functionality more BS) to make the classifieds section a pay for ad style, site traffic and ads dropped off, they also removed a built in user feedback system, which can promote shady sellers. w the feedback system you can generally buy w confidence that you'll get your part in the condition described. here at CO there are many sellers I would be comfortable buying from we are lucky in tht respect.

What old cutlass said about axe grinders look how we got to this feedback thread. I have one neg feedback on eBay. The guy would not pay, despite repeated requests and exceeding the auction terms for payment. I sold the item on second chance auction thru eBay and the original buyer suddenly payed wheni told him don't bother it's sold. eBay refused to delete the single neg feedback despite hundreds of positive feedbacks.....eBay is now my last resort to buy or sell, I would rather sell to someone on a Forum for less money than give eBay anything.

I have bought a lot of parts here, I received one part that was clearly not as described ( no damage to the shipping box) I contacted the seller he made it right w out question

sites and users vary across the net, I chose CO, because of the content and family friendly atmosphere, with that generally comes responsible adults who don't screw people.....so far that's working for me, I generally don't buy stuff from few post sellers unless they're long time members....