General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

real lead additive for higher octane.

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2013, 07:16 PM
jfb

real lead additive for higher octane.

I still have 7 bottles of max lead additive but it will be gone by june who sells this product they are no longer on the web as of last week.
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:25 PM
morgan

A 5 gallon can of purpke CAM 2 is about 75 bucks here
Old February 14th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Oldsdruid

I always got it from Jack Podell (Corvette fuel injection guy), usually at a swap meet. Seems like one of my buds told me after coming back from Fall Carlisle last year that Jack said there may not be any more of it.

Figures. They turn fuel into ethacrap and then take away an additive that makes it usable in our stuff.
Old February 14th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Olds Fever

I stocked up on LS Plus (a Lead Substitute) which was marketed by Castle Products..... I don't think they deal with it any more, since I can't find it on their web site and I don't know of a Castle Distributor in this area any longer.....
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by jfb
I still have 7 bottles of max lead additive but it will be gone by june who sells this product they are no longer on the web as of last week.
http://www.wildbillscorvette.com/OctaneSupreme01.htm
http://home.comcast.net/~gregs.speed.shop/site/
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:32 AM

x2 - Octane Supreme 130 is good stuff. Thankfully I don't need it anymore but when I did, it worked, unlike many other octane improvers.
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:38 PM
jfb

hey thank you for the feedback hairy olds first but real lead does not work for octane i tried it before this product plus many others including a cam 2 lead additive only suppress knock not eliminate it i tried all of them before leaded gas was phased out. d. yaros thank you also please post a address on this post i will be in your area around mid june and looking for it and will pick it up by you. I believe but could be wrong that certain chemicals can no longer be delivered. I think that most everyone in the sorounding areas would like to pick it up for there own safety. Big brother has you covered nowadays or the government.
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:24 PM
jfb

hey guys this thread took on a life of its own and a good cheap source came up for max lead 2000 at 10.50 a quart in columbus indiana not around whiting indianas bp refinery anymore. I use this stuff a half quart to 20 gallons or pint for over 11.5 to one compression street driving though i race with race gas only. this stuff has almost 65 grams of lead to a gallon go for it above 9.5 to1 with iron heads and about 12 initial with a fast curve.
Old February 15th, 2013, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by jfb
d. yaros thank you also please post a address on this post i will be in your area around mid june and looking for it and will pick it up by you. I believe but could be wrong that certain chemicals can no longer be delivered. I think that most everyone in the sorounding areas would like to pick it up for there own safety. Big brother has you covered nowadays or the government.
I am a little bit "befuzzled" by the request to post my address? I have no idea what you want to pick up by me? I do not sell the stuff, I just supplied the links.

My understanding is the product may indeed still be shipped, via UPS.