General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Another Parts Place Horror Story -- I wont buy from them any more....

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2013, 07:13 PM

Another Parts Place Horror Story -- I wont buy from them any more....

Parts place sent us a jacked up ram air hood that had not been binded all they way around. The hood has been sitting waiting for our painter to install it and he finally got to it. When our painter went to shut it, we ended up with a stress fracture from the weak structural integrity. Long story short the hood had to be repaired. I spoke with JOE and Van DBag#1 & DBag#2. They said just glue it together. I said it should have came from you already glued. They said bring it back and we will swap it out but we wont send a freight truck out or give you the 150 in gas that you will burn getting up here. I merely asked for a store credit because were having to fix their bad product......

Long story short They sale some bad parts and wont even stand behind them. I guess that would make them legal thieves....

I WONT BUY FROM THEM ANYMORE...... I SUGGEST THAT YOU DONT EITHER. THEY WILL GET YOU TOO EVENTUALLY.....

JunkPartsPlaceHood_zps2da98d7c.jpg

Last edited by 317Cutty; February 13th, 2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

it is standard procedure to check parts upon arrival . i work for a body shop and as soon as parts come in we inspect them. When i bought my parts from the parts place i inspected with a fine tooth comb.
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:49 PM

I have bought several from them in the past and never had that issue. I guess I know going forward. Some Painters, parts suppliers and engine people all on the take... Make me not even want to build anymore. Good people are becoming extinct like old cars... IMO
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:49 PM

I had them send me the wrong parts then charge me a 25% restocking, For their mistake! Then they charged my card a second time for the same parts. My Advise STAY AWAY FROM THE PARTS PLACE!
Old February 13th, 2013, 02:58 AM

People still deal with "parts place?"
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
it is standard procedure to check parts upon arrival . i work for a body shop and as soon as parts come in we inspect them. When i bought my parts from the parts place i inspected with a fine tooth comb.
If I bought a hood and it separated like that even after installation I'd want either a refund or at the very least, compensation to fix it. This isn't like something was damaged in shipping. The part is defective.

I opened the package to a shifter boot two years after I bought it from Fusick. The rubber was already cracked. I called them, they said send it back and we'll send you another. I know it's a big difference in price but that shouldn't matter.
Old February 13th, 2013, 05:01 AM

i had a very bad experiance with the parts place last week. i ordered a shifter boot and trim ring for a 68 4 speed with a console. the trim ringi i need is ovalish shape, with 7 holes it black, and it screws to the floor under the console and wont be seen. when they send me the invoice it says for non console only. so i call there and and the meat wistle answers "yeah". i explain the situation and he assures me the right one is coming. well just like i thought when it came it was a small square chrome one. so i call him up. i get the same meat wistle answers "yeah". i proceed to explain the situation, and he tells me i order the wrong part number on line. i tell him to look at his web site and he will see the part number is right and the one in the picture is not a chrome square trim ring. after a few minutes of argueing with me he agreed i did have the right part number. the he starts asking me questions about the car, how long have i had, am i sure its always been a 4 speed, he says maybe someone modified the tunnel, and that i should go take digital pictures of my tunnel and send them to him so he can verify what i need. i told him first of all im not going to go out and taking pictures of my car than up loading them to the computer than sending them to him. he already agreed with me that the parts was not the one in the picture. so he says sendd that one back and when we verify that its the wrong one, we will send you out a new one. i said dude i'm not trying to get over on you for a $27 trim ring. just send me the right one with another envelope to send the wrong one back. wel he continued to try and argue that my car was messed up and that someone customized my car. we i had had it by than and asked for his manager. he said he wouldnt be in until monday. asked for his name and he told me it was Joe. so i hung up. saturday i called back and got a woman, and i preceeded to tell here the story of my awful customer service and when i'm done she asks me if i got the pictures of my car to send to her. well i flipped the f out on her and when i was all done she says well we can send you out the correct one with an extra envelope to send the wrong one back. i said thats all i wanted yesterday before i had to waste an hour of my time explaining to you idiots. the funny thing about this is the trim ring that they sent doesnt even have a part number on the bag. how are the loser minumum wage high school drop outs that pack the boxes supposed to know which trim ring is which? sorry for the long rant. thanks for listening. brandon reynolds
Old February 13th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Govt slave

This is why I will never buy from anyone but Fusick.
They (fusick) once sent me the wrong rubber inserts for my bumper.
I never sent them back or called because I didn't have time .
1 month later they were set up at a show on Long Island and I told the guy what happened,He gives me the correct part without even checking if I previously ordered from them.Told me to keep the wrong part and apoligized
Old February 13th, 2013, 05:57 AM

They all suck, just some worse then others. Supercars Unlimited is my favorite to deal with.
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:26 AM

Everyone has something that the other doesn't,but it has been a real long time since I have had to order anything from Year None.The last time I did,the package was labeled "Product of Fusick Automotive".I know there are some thing that Fusick sells that are made or supplied by The Parts Place,but those guys are pretty picky about what they sell.I buy as much parts from Fusick as possible.they are a lot easier to deal with.
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:05 AM
71 cutlass convertible

I have used parts place a couple of times with no problems. But I just get small things from them like a door hinge for example. If I was getting somthing big I probably wouldn't use them. I think for a hood I would just bite the bullet and call Thorton.

Larry
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:42 AM

My nightmare with them was about 4 years ago. It is true many of the suppliers sell the same products. The important thing is their customer service and willingness to take care of us the customer. I don't want more than I am paying for. I just want what I buy to be right and to be treated like it matters that I am a customer. I have had good luck with OPGI and Fusick and Supercars unlimited. I wish Greg carried more at Supercars. It is rare to buy parts from a guy who is a real Olds guy and have him take the time to give each order the personal touch to ensure you are taken care of like he would want to be.
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:25 PM

I hope this serves as a warning.... DONT BECOME A PARTS PLACE VICTIM

JunkPartsPlaceHood_zps2da98d7c.jpg

NO BINDING DOWN THE SIDE.... YOU COULD PRESS IT OUT AND MAKE A QUARTER INCH GAP.... smh

JunkPartsPlaceHood2_zps09598c83.jpg

Last edited by 317Cutty; February 13th, 2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

Btw if it is the all fiberglass oai hood. I think glasstek makes those hoods and they are marked up and resold by the parts place. either that or vfn which would make sense becasue vfn sucks and glasstek makes a much better product.
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:47 PM

I love threads like this. Now I know something about a vendor that I didn't know before. Thanks!
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:22 PM

Being local I have had no issues with them, but I have been in their shop and heard them respond to folks on the phone

all I can say is
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:40 PM
"Trying to fix her right"

Like Steve I'm close (about 50 min) so I just go there and make sure I get the right parts. They have tried to give me the wrong parts before but I make sure before I leave I have the right stuff. I have had the old guys helping me, and it doesn't seem like there that sharp. Maybe they stock so many parts for many different cars its hard to keep track.