General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

59 olds lugs and lug nuts

Search this Thread

Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:51 AM

hi has anyone ever changed out there lugs and lug nuts for new ones on these cars. my lug bolts are in bad shape and i would like to replace them all with new right hand ones. i have been checking the internet but can't seem to bring up a page on these that looks or sounds right. i know that i saw one add there several weeks back but i didn't look at it then as i was working on the windshield problem and wanted to do one thing at a time. let me know if there is a place to go to for these if possible. i want to get this old girl back on the road this year.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:04 PM

I changed mine out on a 63 Starfire, just went to the local parts store (CarQuest) & ordered them. I don't know if yours are the same part #. I wanted to replace with LH thread but couldn't find any. The old ones were a real B**ch to get out. Get a really big hammer or pull the axle and press them out. I used my impact wrench to pull the new ones in. Get a couple extra in case they get bunged up puting them in. The bolts were $2.29 each & the nuts were $1.25 each. Hope this helps.
Higgins
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:26 PM

Just like he said, hit the parts store and say you want wheel studs for the right side. Don't say what you want to do, for that will just confuse them.
It will be a job, but you have the ability to do it.

Gene
Old August 5th, 2012, 02:45 PM

thanks guys i went into one of the parts store in the town where i do most of my shopping and they said that they couldn't help me so i went to the other one and they said that they would have them the next day if i wanted them. i agreed and went back the next day to pick them up and they had to reorder the lug nuts because they didn't even come close to fitting. but they got them for me. thanks for the advice on that one.