General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Old Air Products

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Formerly "Shimmer"

Old Air Products

Any opinions or comments on this company out of Fort Worth. Was planning on purchasing my AC hoses from them. $ 230+shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
50-0415.jpg (274.3 KB, 10 views)
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:19 AM

I sent in my old hoses to them for a "restoration" service but pretty much it was just like getting new ones. They were just supposed to replace the rubber hoses and clean up the ends. I do not think I got any of my old metal fittings back, as I had marked them discretely before sending them.
The new ones were also assembled in a way where you would have to twist the hoses HARD to get the connections to line up. Then the hose would tend to buckle and twist. The tension the hose then puts on the connection would be excessive.
I called them on it and they shrugged me off.
In conclusion, I was very disappointed. I would recommend Classic Auto Air first. OR try a local repair shop that specializes in A/C systems. They rebuild hoses all the time.
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Formerly "Shimmer"

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
I sent in my old hoses for a "restoration" service but pretty much it was just like getting new ones. They were just supposed to replace the rubber hoses. I do not think I got any of my old metal fittings back, as I had marked them discretely.
The new ones were assembled in a way where you would have to twist the hoses HARD to get the hoses to lay flat.
I called them on it and they shrugged me off.
In conclusion, I was very disappointed. I would recommend Classic Auto Air first. OR try a local repair shop that specializes in A/C systems. They rebuild hoses all the time.
I need all three. But after what you went through sounds like Classic Auto. Already got a price from them. Thanks so much for the insight. By the way know where I can get the bracket that holds the muffle onto the well?
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:25 AM

Everytning I have bought from them has been great. I bought 2 crossflow condensors from them, designed to work better with 134A than the stock unit. They are a direct bolt in, fit in the same space, use the same mounting and work great. I get 24-25 degree air out of the vents in my Cutlass, with little loss of cooling when stopped in traffic.
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Formerly "Shimmer"

Originally Posted by brown7373
Everytning I have bought from them has been great. I bought 2 crossflow condensors from them, designed to work better with 134A than the stock unit. They are a direct bolt in, fit in the same space, use the same mounting and work great. I get 24-25 degree air out of the vents in my Cutlass, with little loss of cooling when stopped in traffic.
What is a crossflow condensator? Sounds interesting.
Thank you, AL