General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Waldron Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2012, 07:52 AM

Waldron Exhaust?

Anyone here ever use Waldron for dual exhaust? They say they can make a dual system for my 98 that uses the original manifolds. They also offer a system with cutouts. Expensive, but stainless ain't cheap.

65 98 convertible
61 Dodge M-37
84 Ranger 4x
02 Dodge Cummins
Old March 23rd, 2012, 08:54 AM

I used Waldron and the exhaust system was a perfect fit and they had many options.

I decided to have the resonator area deleted for my dual pipe setup, which was factory for a SF.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 09:51 AM

I used them 2x and got turned off to them. The 1st was for a complete dual exhaust factory style for my 59. One header pipe goes thru the frame and was not bent right. I called them and the guy said it is not uncommon for their pipes to need some adjustment, just heat it with a torch and bend it to fit. So I would assume all of us have an oxy/acet torch with rosebud tips... Case 2 a system for my 66 Delta factory duals. I got resonators with straight tail pieces. I am sure the factory ones have an offset on each side so they exit where the rear brace is cutout for the tailpipes. I questioned them and was told that their systems are 100% factory design and if there was something custom I wanted they could make it for me. So I will not use them anymore and use Classic Exhaust.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by m371961
Anyone here ever use Waldron for dual exhaust? They say they can make a dual system for my 98 that uses the original manifolds. They also offer a system with cutouts. Expensive, but stainless ain't cheap.

65 98 convertible
Just to be clear if your car came with factory duals/65 98 yes they can make the system. I am almost positive that if you have single exhaust they will not be able to make you a dual system without changing the left side exhaust manifold.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:23 PM

They stated in an e-mail they can do it reguardless if it was originally a single or dual. If I go there, I will confirm it by phone. Is the left side manifold offered by Thornton the same as original in the dual exhaust 98?
Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:32 PM

I am almost positive they are talking before knowing as far as what they can do. Yes the Thornton manifold is an almost exact copy of the correct dual exhaust manifold. It is called the S manifold because a big S was cast into the first runner and possibly because it was used on the Starfire only engine option. ( just guessing) I do not think the repro manifold has the heat riser spring and counterweight as the original did in 65 but that is no problem.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:50 PM

Did you check around locally, as most muffler shops should be able to help you out. We actually have a few places here in the Detroit area, that specialize in custom exhaust systems, and advertise at car shows. My car has ceramic coated headers, and went with an aluminized system. This was years ago, and still looks like new. Really think having this fabbed up locally is better, as up to shop to do it right in the first place.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 04:06 PM

Delta, I agree that local fab could be better, however car is topless and not roadable yet. I really do not want to trailer it and I am 40 to 50 miles from any place to do it. I would want it done without having to leave it. Trying to get all mechanical work done before doing interior, paint and top. Have a long way to go.
Oldsmaniac, I am hesitant and do have the same misgivings you mention. I will phone them and have a long talk to see if they understand. I posted this to get these ideas and appreciate them all. I just like their stainless system and their driver controlled muffler that is based on the GTO Judge factory exhaust. If I have to get Thorntons manifold, so be it.
Oh, I always took out the heat riser valve on anything I had the exhaust off of.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by m371961
Oldsmaniac, I am hesitant and do have the same misgivings you mention. I will phone them and have a long talk to see if they understand.
Well if you get that far with them thats great. The guy I spoke to was a man of little words and patience, sorta abrupt and does not have an open mind nor does he want to hear what you have to say.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:00 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

use the pipes for a 95 impala ss this is what i did on my dads b bodied pontiac with an olds 350 in it. I capped the crossover hole. and cut the crossover pipe in half to have 2 down tubes the bout some straight pipt till i got the right lenght to use the 95 ss impala exhaust which starts after the crossmemeber .