General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Someone dented my hood

Old September 13th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Registered car nut

Someone dented my hood

Had the Cutlass out Sunday night with my wife and son. I parked in a downtown city park in full view not at all hidden and some jerk put a tiny little dent real close to where I just primed(see paint forum) so I know its new. Looks like someone popped it with a key in there hand?
My car is rough including the area I worked on. So its not a huge deal about having a dent its that someone screwed with my car.
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:36 AM

People suck, the b*stard was probably jealous of your sick ride.
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by nonhog
Had the Cutlass out Sunday night with my wife and son. I parked in a downtown city park in full view not at all hidden and some jerk put a tiny little dent real close to where I just primed(see paint forum) so I know its new. Looks like someone popped it with a key in there hand?
My car is rough including the area I worked on. So its not a huge deal about having a dent its that someone screwed with my car.
Totally understand your frustration. Some people can't stand to see someone else with something nice they don't have themselves and do stupid things.... That's happened to me too. Short of not ever taking your car out, you run this risk all the time.

Really sorry to hear that it happened in the first place. Any chance it could have been caused by accident - you were close to a park.

Glad to know you can easily fix it. I found from work that when you fix a problem, the perp who did it loses interest because they can't see their 'handywork' anymore. Yes, these crepes do watch. Its like a dog marking it's territory if you know what I mean...
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Cutlass Lover

Dammmmm..... People have no respect for themselves anymore, let alone someone elses things.
Old September 13th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Registered Thread Killer

Wait until you get paint on it and that happens.

Unfortunately, our interest in cars implies that we will mix with society - good and bad.

...but it sure would be nice to catch those &!!@$# bastards!
Old September 13th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Registered car nut

Originally Posted by Tony72Cutlass'S'
People suck, the b*stard was probably jealous of your sick ride.
Not sure about that

Originally Posted by Allan R
Any chance it could have been caused by accident - you were close to a park.

Glad to know you can easily fix it. I found from work that when you fix a problem, the perp who did it loses interest because they can't see their 'handywork' anymore. Yes, these crepes do watch. Its like a dog marking it's territory if you know what I mean...
I probably wont fix it. I'll replace the hood soon enough. Accident I suppose but from what I see I don't think so. Not 100% of course because I did not see it. If I did some punk would have at least had to outrun me.
Which would be no problem They may have had a problem out running my 2 boys. I would never pound on some kid for being stupid nor would I endorse anyone else to do so. I would hold them till the Police had a talk with them. Enough of that.

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Dammmmm..... People have no respect for themselves anymore, let alone someone elses things.
I was a kid once but shy'd away from messing with peoples cars or houses. Steal apples or strawberries yep guilty.
Old September 14th, 2011, 05:28 PM

Car Vandalism

About 10 years ago I went to a show in Tamaqua sponsored by the Tamaqua Street Machine Association! The club member's cars were all parked in a seperate section on the show field and they all got keyed sometime during the day! Someone obviously had a grudge against them. After the keying was discovered, I sat behind my car for the rest of the day! Boy can that ruin your fun! Then, while driving home, I looked out across the hood and saw what I believed was this huge scratch! I pulled off the interstate at the very next exit with my heart pounding! Thank God it was only a spider web! Boy they do look exactly like scratches!