General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

2011 International Station Wagon Club Show June 21-25 Pittsburgh

Search this Thread

Old June 17th, 2011, 05:07 AM

2011 International Station Wagon Club Show June 21-25 Pittsburgh

Hey you station wagon owners, check this out if you haven't already.

http://www.tiptopwebsite.com/website...?username=iswc

http://www.tiptopwebsite.com/website...me=iswc&page=2

I had never heard of the International Station Wagon Club until a few days ago. Their annual show, which they call a "convention" and which actually runs for five days, is next week and weekend in Pittsburgh. That's only about 3 hours from me, so I'm planning to go on Saturday the 25th for the car show itself.

The show registration form says that you must be a member of the club to show your car, but I contacted the club president, and he said that you can join the club and show your car right there on show day. He said you can also register as a non-member, but that the cost difference is about what it costs to join the club.

Membership for one year is $25, and registering a car as a member is $35, so you're spending $60 to do this, but I'm going to do it. It'll be a lot of fun to see a show with nothing but station wagons, and it'll be fun to have mine there.
Old June 17th, 2011, 05:15 AM

That's 25 minutes from me - I'll have to check that out. I appreciate vintage station wagons - I learned to drive on a red '77 Malibu Classic. ; )
Terry
Old June 17th, 2011, 05:19 AM

It's not 100% clear, but the show registration form appears to say that it costs $10 to attend the show if you are just a spectator. At least, there is a line that says "attending and not bringing a wagon--$10 per family."

I always wonder how any show can enforce such a thing. The show is apparently in a hotel parking lot. Are they going to cordon off the show area and prevent the general public from casually walking up and looking at the cars? That's a lot of rope.
Old June 17th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Old(s) Fart

But, but...

It's the same weekend as GMs at Carlisle?
Old June 17th, 2011, 07:21 AM

There's only so many weeks in the year. The station wagon show moves around each year, also, and it's just a coincidence that it's so close to Carlisle and on the same weekend this year. Last year it was in New Jersey, the year before in Sandusky, Ohio, and in 2008 it was in Massachusetts.
Old June 18th, 2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
But, but...

It's the same weekend as GMs at Carlisle?
Yea they did this last year and held it in NJ about 2 hours from me. SO it was the same time to each. I made Froday at Carlisle and my migraines kept me from making the rest of the weekend so it was mute point as to which I would have went to. And now the wagon is down so if I make GM Nats it will be just to show up and hang out.