General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Linda Vaughn

Old May 9th, 2011, 09:49 AM

Linda Vaughn

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110508/CARNEWS/110509853
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:44 AM

Met her a couple times, seems like a great woman & also likes her Oldsmobiles! Hope the recovery is fast & problem free.
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:52 AM

Very nice lady. Met her in Lansing at Olds homecoming and she commented on our southern accents. I think she is from Georgia.
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:15 AM

Here's to a speedy recovery.
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Just think of it as a carb overhaul or PM. She'll be good for another 100,000 miles! She really epitomizes the heart and soul of Olds. Godspeed her recovery.
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Old(s) Fart

Having gone through bypass surgery myself a year and a half ago, I hope her result is as good as mine. I certainly feel much better now.
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by vistacruiser67
I think she is from Georgia.
Yep, Dalton, Ga

Here's to a speedy recovery as well.
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by vistacruiser67
Very nice lady. Met her in Lansing at Olds homecoming and she commented on our southern accents. I think she is from Georgia.
I've heard the same thing about Linda, a very super nice lady!
God speed in her recovery!
Old May 10th, 2011, 08:56 PM

Been wearing a heart monitor for a week, will be done tomorrow with it, due to a weird "palpatation" or something a couple of weeks ago. Easy to see where something can hit ya.
Old May 11th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Cutlass Lover

Wishing her a speedy recovery!!

........Been wearing a heart monitor for a week, will be done tomorrow with it, due to a weird "palpatation" or something a couple of weeks ago. Easy to see where something can hit ya.

I hope they can figure out what your problem is! I wore one last summer for 21 days, and only had one episode it recorded. From that, they determined I have "Silent A-Fib" and am now on a beta blocker. It's been keeping the heart from racing, but the side effects leave a lot to be desired, lol. I can't tell when my heart is in A-Fib. It cost almost $4000 for the monitor, and my insurance company didn't want to pay it because to them, the monitor's don't show any "scientific evidence" or some such crap. It's like - it helped them figure out what's wrong with my heart after 3 trips to the ER that didn't show anything, how much more scientific do you want to get?? I really fought with them about it. It's so tricky with the heart cause it doesn't always do things while you have the monitor on. It's hit or miss usually. Good luck!!!!
Old May 11th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I hope they can figure out what your problem is! I wore one last summer for 21 days, and only had one episode it recorded. From that, they determined I have "Silent A-Fib" and am now on a beta blocker. It's been keeping the heart from racing, but the side effects leave a lot to be desired, lol. I can't tell when my heart is in A-Fib. It cost almost $4000 for the monitor, and my insurance company didn't want to pay it because to them, the monitor's don't show any "scientific evidence" or some such crap. It's like - it helped them figure out what's wrong with my heart after 3 trips to the ER that didn't show anything, how much more scientific do you want to get?? I really fought with them about it. It's so tricky with the heart cause it doesn't always do things while you have the monitor on. It's hit or miss usually. Good luck!!!!
Good luck. I actually had A-fib in addition to the blockage. In fact, it was a stress test for the A-fib that found the blockage before I actually had a heart attack. In addition to the bypass surgery, I've recently had an ablation to fix the A-fib once and for all (hopefully!). I was getting tired of having to go in and get shocked back into rhythm every few months. Of course, in my case, once I went into A-fib, it stayed there so it was easy to find the problem.

You gotta love diagnosing intermittent electrical problems, in the car or in the heart!
Old May 11th, 2011, 10:17 AM

It only happens when I look at a convertible Olds with it's top down.
Old May 11th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Cutlass Lover

Lol!!! You're funny! Better cut out looking at those topless ones, then!!!

It sounds like you had a few things going on in there Joe! I don't like this A-fib..... When it started last summer, my heart would beat really fast, and by the time I'd get to an ER, it was over with and everything looked normal. I racked up a bunch of bills for something they couldn't diagnose. I had the one episode the monitor recorded, and I didn't even know I was having it. I still wonder if I have A-fib or something else similiar. I really wish I would have had more recorded episodes so the doc could be certain.

The doc told me in November that he could try another medicine because the first one he put me on didn't work - I still had episodes - or they could do an ablation. I opted for trying another medicine! I'm not ready to have my heart burned yet, lol. Did the ablation stop your A-fib? I hear it only has about an 80% success rate, a lot of people still have the palpatations after they have the ablation. I'd be scared if I was in A-fib all the time!!! I was scared the few times I had it, lol! Well I hope all is going well for you now!