General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Buyer Beware

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2011, 10:54 AM

Buyer Beware

Ordered a 72 Cutlass chrome console insert from The Parts Place, when I recieved it the chrome was crap. I contacted them and they wanted pictures. Here is what they responded with;

We looked at others on the shelf, and they all pretty much look like that. If you are not happy, you can return it.

I returned it and they refused to pay shipping. They knowingly sent this because it was hand packed so they should have made it right but refused.

Here is the kicker, they are still selling the "others on the shelf".
Old March 10th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Registered

I ordered a molded hood pad through them becuse it was cheaper than Fusick, I know better now. They're repo eight track housing has about every mistake you could make but can be made to work, no reason for it other than they just don't care. That came in a too small box with one of the mounting brackets punched through the side, for what they charge for the things it should be triple boxed.
Parts Place drop-ships the hood pads from the same place that makes them as Fusick but Parts Place uses UPS and Fusick uses Fed-Ex.
After the second smashed and bent in half hood pad the guy at Parts Place finally gave in and had it drop-shipped Fed-Ex and it came in perfect condition.
So at least they had to eat two pads and pay Fed-Ex, since they came busted maybe UPS had to eat the shipping, but who cares who paid, I didn't.
I used to do a lot of evilbay shipping and people would insist on UPS and they broke everything no matter how good you packed it, UPS stand for U-Package-Smashed.
If anybody wants those hood pads come and get 'em, could make one good one with some cutting and fitting and Elmo's glue.