General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

any1 got a george nelson clock trade/sell OAI??

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2010, 01:59 AM

any1 got a george nelson clock trade/sell OAI??

hi im looking 2 trade or buy a 1950s george nelson clock, ball clock or sunburst but i will consider others, NO REPOS!!!!!! it must be a original!!! i have cash and i have some 70-72 parts for trade or trade plus cash, ill trade my 71-72 original oai for the right george nelson clock but ill need some cash in the trade, im looking for a mint/near mint 1 for a xmas present for my mom but i will buy 1 for parts or 1 with damage 2 try and fix hers, i broke my moms a couple years ago and want 2 replace it, i know some1 has 1 hanging in there basement or some1s mom/dad has 1 just collecting dust, heres a link 2 see what they look like

sorry i posted in the wrong area

http://www.google.com/images?q=georg...w=1345&bih=479
Old November 14th, 2010, 05:49 AM

Your mom has good taste. I have an original Nelson swag leg desk from the 50's.

Good examples of the ball clock can be found often on e-bay. There was a like new sunburst that sold last week. Good luck finding someone interested in trading. You going to have to shell out cash.
Old November 14th, 2010, 05:56 AM

wow Oldsmobile guys and george nelson clocks, very cool. My aunt has had one mounted on her wall since the 50s. Too bad her interior designer son gets first dibs on it, I too have seen them on ebay.

[IMG]file:///Users/Steven/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
Old November 14th, 2010, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nilsson
Your mom has good taste. I have an original Nelson swag leg desk from the 50's.

Good examples of the ball clock can be found often on e-bay. There was a like new sunburst that sold last week. Good luck finding someone interested in trading. You going to have to shell out cash.
i must of missed that 1 on ebay!! i just missd a near mint 1 on sf craigslist for 350 a antique shop bought it and put a 2200 price tag on it the next day, LOL!!!!! there are 2 on ebay right now that have some damage but i think im going 2 wait for a better 1 to come up, the 1 i broke was mint so i have 2 replace it with a equal 1,

if you guys come across a nice 1 for sale please shoot me a email/pm its getting closer and closer 2 xmas and i want 2 suprise her with a replacement, yea my mom has great taste her hole house is 50s i love the stained glass, hardwood floors, and the colors, her house feels bright and happy 2 me
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:10 AM

I was at a store in Texas the other day called "Home Goods" and they had new reproduction George Nelson mid-50s ball and star wall clocks for sale. Several varieties. They looked very well done and very close to the originals. These were of course quartz and they went for $29.99. I thought of buying one, but didn't know where I'd hang it.