General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Wild About Cars

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2010, 07:49 AM

Wild About Cars

If you joined recently, please join us at Olds Performance Club, www.oldsperformanceclub.com/ Bob Gerometta and group are working hard to preserve Olds heritage, and they've uploaded tons of Olds literature to the site. Bob sent out an email, and apparently a lot of Olds guys joined the WAG site but didn't join OPC, please join today..
Old September 22nd, 2010, 07:58 AM
Trying to remember member

X2

This is not the time and place to cheap out. It is a chance to show your support and not just sit back take in the freebees. I don't understand why anyone would shell out big $$ for their car and not support those that giving the support out there to begin with. For little more than the cost of a drive thru at McDonalds?
Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:27 AM

Stuff on the club website is worth far more than the cost of joining. For example, a magazine article from the 60s or 70s vs. buying the magazine on ebay; the factory service manuals for many years, and more are being uploaded onto the site all the time.

If that isn't enough, this month the price is going up to $14.95 per year from the introductory rate of $9.95. Bob Gerometta, the Secretary, will honor the old price if you join now (add my handle to the app if you wish to ensure getting the old price, and he will know why you are joining at the old price).

Here is the "pitch" and the link to join:
Why you should join the Oldsmobile Performance Club.
The Oldsmobile Performance Club is an active, pro Oldsmobile, pro performance, pro helping others with their car club. We are about sharing info, sharing friends, and doing things together - including car shows, drag meets and other car-related activities
We are only ¼ the price of the OCA. You get a lot more for your money here.
We e-mail blast on events or products for sale. A member told me that his ad received over 10 e-mails in one hour!
If something is happening - you are going to know about it in minutes - not weeks. Car shows, events, new products, and the like are sent to you the minute we find out about it.
We have a huge reference library - on line and downloadable. Factory photos, manuals, brochures and magazine ads are just the tip of the iceberg. Who else has that? Plus, most of the items would be high dollar items if you had to purchase them.
Magazine Archive - We have over 500 magazines from the 50s,60,70s on line. Want a copy of that Hot Rod article on your 70 W-30? We got it!
Forums, photo albums, blogs, project websites - tons of interactive stuff. NOBODY ELSE has the options to participate that we do.
Events. We ran a drag meet 6 months out of the gate - and we did it with sponsor money - it didn't cost you a dime!
So if you think this is a good deal - follow this link to join. (You will also be asked to join the FREE Wild About Cars website which gives you access to tons more information on your Oldsmobile! http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-bin/pub9990286471073.cgi?categoryid=9990286471073&acti on=viewad&itemid=9990286472090
Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:50 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I bought his book some years ago. It's handy to whip out.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:59 AM
45 yrs of Olds Nuttiness

Hey, I don't often post on the forum, rather leaving it to you guys to have fun with. But the OPC is not about me or anyone else per se, it's about working TOGETHER to make our hobby better.

The more people we have involved, the more ideas, the more materials, the more topics, the more things we can do. We've already sponsored a drag meet; we are working toward local cruise nights - and we intend to have a big hand in Dick Miller's Norwalk event next year.

It will all be BETTER if more of you are involved. And . . . we have a great T-shirt :-)
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by J-(Chicago)
I bought his book some years ago. It's handy to whip out.
I hope you're talking about the book . The Performance Club does have a lot of good information posted.