General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Watch out for this guy!

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2010, 08:04 AM

Watch out for this guy!

I'll try to make this as short as I can....

I'd dented my front bumper on my '65 442. Found an auction on E-Barf, but the auction was already over, so I looked the guy up & posted a thread asking others about him.
He replied that he'd straighten & rechrome mine for $300. Sounded like a good deal- wasn't looking for a 100-point job, just a nice one, so I said OK & shipped him the bumper. After I checked & he confirmed he had it, I waited about 2 weeks & then emailed 3 times before I got a reply that said he'd ship the following week.
After waiting about 2 weeks, 2-3 more emails, no reply! So I called (800 #s are NOT free from Europe!), he said he'd get it out by the next Tue/Wed. After waiting for abour 2 weeks, I called again. As soon as I identified myself, he HUNG UP!! Tried again, no one answered.
Luckily a work colleague has a brother that lives in the next town. SO...
the guy got a visit from him! All of a sudden apologetic, claimed he thought the bumper was a rear bumper from someone else & he had to get it back from Atlanta!
Few days later it showed up & after I got pics that positively idntified it as a FRONT '65 Cutlass bumper, my colleague's brother saw a couple dents & a crack in the chrome! The guy finally agreed to redo it. After it was done, he suddenly wanted $400 because one of the mounts was rusted & had to be removed, blasted & put back on.
I finally got the bumper back almost 4 months after this go@t f___ started!

Pls don't confuse this @sshole with THE chrome guy!
His is just CHROME GUY, name is Michael Amaya.
STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!

I have absolutely no objection to passing this around to other forums- in fact I encourage it!

Ralph
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Banned

never mind,i found him

Last edited by agtw31; July 15th, 2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:41 AM

Bummer you had a bad experience. Thanks for the heads up!
Old July 21st, 2010, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Olds64
Bummer you had a bad experience. Thanks for the heads up!
Yea, but I think it needs a little more publicity!

Ralph
Old November 1st, 2012, 10:21 PM

Fraud, Cheat, Liar, and a Thief along with being a poor business man!

michael amaya chrome guy
Fraud, Cheat, Liar, and a Thief along with being a poor business man!

I bought a 1969 Oldsmobile 442 Rear Bumper on Ebay on 9/19/10 from chromeminer. I installed it February or March 2012. I was washing the car in April and noticed a lot of chrome was peeling off the driver’s side down low. It was about the size of your hand. I contacted "Michael" and he said his bumpers had a Two Year warranty. He told me, “Yes, you send it to us and we re-plate it.” I sent it back to him on April 19, 2012 and I have a tracking record proving he did receive it. I called him after he received it and he stated it would be sent back in about two weeks. I have contacted him numerous times by phone and emails since with the same results -= NO RESPONSE – IGNORED!. The list below is an accurate timeline of these contacts: Date Communication 4/19/12 Returned the Bumper by FedEx Delivery 4/27/12 Emailed about receiving bumper 4/30/12 Called you about receiving bumper 5/4/12 Called you about progress made on bumper 5/5/12 Emailed you about status of bumper 5/11/12 Called you about status of bumper 5/16/12 Called you about status of bumper (left massage) 5/25/12 Called you about status of bumper (left massage) 6/1/12 Called you about status of bumper (left massage) 6/7/12 Called you about status of bumper (left massage)