General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

i need real opinions by olds lovers PLS!!

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2010, 02:58 AM

i need real opinions by olds lovers PLS!!

dam dam dam!!!!!! i just waited a extra 4-5 months 2 have my seat kit made all from the same pearl material roll so the pearls matched perfect, i took it 2 the same shop ive went 2 for years and the guys dumb *** wife decided 2 help him out and install my buttons in the wrong place, im sick!!!! im crushed!!!!! i waited months and months just 2 have some1 ruin my int, the owner said sorry and if i buy new int he will do it 4 free but hes broke bcuz the economy is bad,
what do i do?? do i order just order a back seat and hope it matchs up perfect??
or do i wait another 4-5 months and have another bucketseat/backseat kit made from the same roll??
should i try 2 sell everything including my buckets and back seat?? or do i take the seat kits off and sell it like that 2 some1 who dosnt mind the miss placed buttons?? if i was 2 sell whats it worth?? my bucketseats have brand new cushions and the medal is in great condition with only a little surface rust,

im sick i cant have my car looking like that!! what do you guys think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
004 (8).JPG (139.9 KB, 58 views)
005 (7).JPG (145.5 KB, 46 views)
008 (5).JPG (150.2 KB, 52 views)
010 (5).JPG (164.5 KB, 29 views)
022 (3).JPG (129.1 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by sx455raidercelticfan; June 27th, 2010 at 04:24 AM.
Old June 27th, 2010, 03:42 AM

I would get them back and put them in the car to at least drive for the summer. Order up the new stuff as needed because you sound alot like me in the fact that it will drive you insane if it's not right! Then I would do the seats myself. it is not very hard and there is plenty of advice from here to help you. I did all the seats in my 70 and they came out great! Just takes patience!
Old June 27th, 2010, 04:12 AM

If it was me I would try to make him pay for the new material since he was the one that messed it up. If I was a business owner. I would replace anything I messed up. It's part of being a good bussiness and not screwing over customors.

Don't feel bad he's broke he messed up he should fix it. If he knew he couldnt afford to replace anything in case he screwed up. Then he should of paid more attention, or not
take on the job.
Old June 27th, 2010, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Wasted
If it was me I would try to make him pay for the new material since he was the one that messed it up. If I was a business owner. I would replace anything I messed up. It's part of being a good bussiness and not screwing over customors.

Don't feel bad he's broke he messed up he should fix it. If he knew he couldnt afford to replace anything in case he screwed up. Then he should of paid more attention, or not
take on the job.
X2
You brought it to a business that charged you money, for a certain job. If you were told this is the way it would be done (with the buttons in the wrong place), would you have taken it there?
I doubt it. So you should not pay. Period.
Give them the opportunity to fix it right.

the owner said sorry and if i buy new int he will do it 4 free but hes broke bcuz the economy is bad,
Are you saying if the economy was good he would pay? But because he doesn't have enough work you should pay for his mistakes?
Old June 27th, 2010, 04:33 AM

here go the pics they didnt post the first time

yea i tried 2 make him pay he said hes broke and barely making it, its a hole in the wall shop but hes allways done great work, and hes always got nice old classics in there, the bad part is ive hog ringed 3 set of interior but because these are my sx seats i wanted them done professionaly
Old June 27th, 2010, 07:55 AM

You have the right to be POed, as i would be too! This is a classic car, which you want as correct as can be, not some daily driver clunker you do not care about.

If he messed up JUST the back seat, I think it would be safe to order just another back seat. The colors from just 6 months or so should be pretty much the same, as the rolls of fabric are huge.

Personally, HE should pay for the new cover set and redo it for free. Then, HE should sell the old messed up cover on evil bay or wherever and take the hit on the $ differences.
EVERYBODY is claiming broke due to out crappy economy. I notice that companies claim huge loss when their profits are not at least equal to last year's... Sick.....
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:56 PM
GM Enthusiast

x3

Order the new interior, have him do it correctly, and give him a couple of months to pay off the amount you're out on the first seats. Hopefully he would agree to that since it's only fair he fixes his mistake and it would give him more time to pay you back.
Old June 27th, 2010, 02:01 PM

If he won't replace it tell him your goin to make a report with the BBB. Something like that can really hurt a small business. It just might make him scrap together the cash to fix it.
Old June 27th, 2010, 02:14 PM

.......and there is always small claims court. but I would give him an oportunity to make it right
Old June 27th, 2010, 03:20 PM

BBB is just a consumer org like the Chamber of Commerce - unless someone is a member, your complaining to the BBB won't do much.

Word of mouth is much more effective, in my experience.

Then again, I wouldn't get too miffed about the buttons - life is about living and not perfection - chalk it up to a learning experience. If you get to the point of anger because of the buttons, pay and have someone do it right. But that is obviously just me and my opinion - I don't let stuff like that chap my @ss. I believe life is to short to worry about perfection.

The seats look great aside from a minor problem (minor in my eyes). You'd be riding good on those seats.
Old June 27th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Banned

he's not broke,he's pulling a sucker move on you.

go to his shop and tell him you want money or some of his tools for a new kit.

don't let him give you his old lady

never go back to that a-hole.
Old June 27th, 2010, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by wjustinmartin
BBB is just a consumer org like the Chamber of Commerce - unless someone is a member, your complaining to the BBB won't do much.

Word of mouth is much more effective, in my experience.

Then again, I wouldn't get too miffed about the buttons - life is about living and not perfection - chalk it up to a learning experience. If you get to the point of anger because of the buttons, pay and have someone do it right. But that is obviously just me and my opinion - I don't let stuff like that chap my @ss. I believe life is to short to worry about perfection.

The seats look great aside from a minor problem (minor in my eyes). You'd be riding good on those seats.

I agree. To me the seats look good. But it depends on how much it cost you as well. If you paid a lot of money and you are not satisfied, then he should correct it at his cost.

I try to do as much as I can on my own car, and it really cheezes me off when you are at a show, and some know it all starts nick pikcing your pride and joy. For years I ran a 70' 442 bumper with the cut outs on my 72'. I got it from a friend, and my original bumper was dented. Some yahoo would always point out..."hey dude that's not the correct bumper for this car..."

The seat look great. Put them in and enjoy the ride!
Old June 27th, 2010, 04:55 PM

Take him to court or ask to see all his bank accounts and whether he has investments, a house to get a 2nd mortgage on etc.

Why should you suffer for his mistake? And why was he not supervising the cross-eyed wife??
Old June 27th, 2010, 10:40 PM

yea this sucks!! i cant put that in my car!! ive spent 2 much on original parts 2 settle 4 less, im going 2 order another complete set i should be able 2 sell the old int for 200-250 I HOPE!! or should i sell it with the buckets and back seat?? what do you guys think??
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:38 PM

GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS!!! i got a email from ron at pui he said that the pearl vinyl color sould match near perfect and i should just order the new back seat instead of buying new everything, i feel alot better!!!
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:14 PM

This is why you should never pay full price up front. Giving the shop a percentage to buy materials is fine, but always hold some payment back to get the job done right.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 09:08 PM

honest mistake!if you liked his former work give him another shot at it,free labour!
Old July 3rd, 2010, 06:21 AM

Glad to hear of some good news. The shop guy will be happy that he does not have to redo the front. The back seat is much easier (and cheaper).