General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

cutlass springs

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2010, 10:46 AM

cutlass springs

looking to get a set of springs for the front and rear. what are good ones on the market to give me that factory look and ride thanks.
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:24 AM

I suggest fusick.com. I bought rear springs there last year. A little pricey, but original.

I also have a question. I want to change my front springs this year. Does anyone know much about the process? Will the lower control arm drop enough for me to get old spring out and new in? Or, will I need a tool to compress the springs. If I can just slide them out/in with the control arm dropped I was thinking I could compress the new new one with a jack to then be able to reconnect the control arms.
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:31 AM
is Fast Enough ...

Originally Posted by coltsneckbob
I suggest fusick.com. I bought rear springs there last year. A little pricey, but original.

I also have a question. I want to change my front springs this year. Does anyone know much about the process? Will the lower control arm drop enough for me to get old spring out and new in? Or, will I need a tool to compress the springs. If I can just slide them out/in with the control arm dropped I was thinking I could compress the new new one with a jack to then be able to reconnect the control arms.
jack up from the outer end of the control arm ... if it lifts the body before the ball joint is connected, have pal sit on the fender ...
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Ben

If you just want stock height, just go to your local autoparts store- its the same item fusick will sell you at half the cost.

Performance sprigns are a different subject. though.

Cltsneckbob- there have been several postings recently about removing front coil sprigns- take a look in the chassis/suspension section- i posted a link to a youtube on removing sprigns with a floor jack.