General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Classic Oldsmobile Yards

Old November 30th, 2009, 09:56 PM

Classic Oldsmobile Yards

I know of a place where there are nearly 700 Oldsmobiles in Alberta, The guy has alot of 442 parts cars ranging atleast from 65-72, I seen an old yellow school bus stacked with straight Oldsmobile cylinder heads, This is an amazing yard for anyone looking for Oldsmobiles from 1950's and up
Old December 1st, 2009, 03:42 AM

What is the guy's phone number, does he to ship to the US.
Old December 1st, 2009, 06:24 AM

Hey EKi,

this was the thread I was talking about in the newbie forum. There is a great Olds bone yard in the Naples area of Maine right on Rt. 302. it's called skips. while they specialize in 50's & 60's olds (esp the early 60's jukes) they have a few early 70's in various states of assembly. I've been hitting em up on and off for years.
Old December 1st, 2009, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by HolidayCoupe
I know of a place where there are nearly 700 Oldsmobiles in Alberta
What is the name of the place, or what city is it in? Is it possibly any of the sites listed at the top of this page?

http://www.jaybeck.com/Pages/Links.htm
Old December 1st, 2009, 09:20 AM

I've been looking for skip's info all morning. I usually just stop in on my way through town. next time I do I will get the #. in the meantime, I found this one more or less by accident:

HY-WAY SER/ LLC
old cars from 1917 to 1999 trucks from 1932 to 1995 all makes and models complete dismanteling yard
City, State: MILFORD, Maine 04461
Local Phone: 207-827-5568
Toll Free: 877-884-4568
Email: jerryttracyjr@hotmail.com
Old December 1st, 2009, 09:54 AM

HolidayCoupe, Can you get a phone number because I'll be in Southern Alberta in the near future and would like to talk to this person.
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:22 AM
EKi

Thanks 71supreme, Skips sounds like what I've been looking for. I guess you can't find places like that on your own.

Is there a good selection of mid-60's B-bodies?

I found the place on Google Earth, but you can't really tell what the cars are
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:25 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Pretty please!!!

I know of a place where there are nearly 700 Oldsmobiles in Alberta, The guy has alot of 442 parts cars ranging atleast from 65-72, I seen an old yellow school bus stacked with straight Oldsmobile cylinder heads, This is an amazing yard for anyone looking for Oldsmobiles from 1950's and up
Ya got my attention!! I'm in Edmonton. Send me a PM with the name and location please? Thanks
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Send me a PM with the name and location please? Thanks
Why a PM? Why not just post it here? Why the secrecy?
Old December 1st, 2009, 12:20 PM

Here you go guys 1 (780) 942 2559 Range Road 225 Gibbons, Alberta. Ask for Victor or Lorne Also theres another guy in the same area and he has a website of what he all has, mostly parts cars though, www.perrysprojectcars.com And if anyone else has some great info to share please do
Old December 1st, 2009, 02:50 PM

Hey EKi,

That's great, what's nice about the place is they will work with you on what you need. I don't know about b bodies specifically, but their highest concentration of cars is 60's. there are about 60-80 cars there, all Oldsmobile. It's a fun place to cruise.
Old December 1st, 2009, 06:35 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by jaunty75
Why a PM? Why not just post it here? Why the secrecy?
No secrecy, I live in Alberta and this place is just 1/2 hour away. Either way makes no difference does it? And who made you the PM policeman to decide whether I can ask for a PM? It was just a request for information. You're getting paranoid. So the location's posted on the site..... you happier now?
Old December 1st, 2009, 07:19 PM

And who made you the PM policeman to decide whether I can ask for a PM?
Hey, chill out. I didn't say you couldn't ask for a PM. I was asking why the information had to be PM'd at all. People usually PM when the information exchanged would compromise someone's privacy or in some other fashion reveal information not appropriate for public consumption. The location of a commercial junkyard didn't seem to fall into those categories.

Last edited by jaunty75; December 1st, 2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old December 1st, 2009, 08:11 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Truce

Originally Posted by jaunty75
Hey, chill out. I didn't say you couldn't ask for a PM. I was asking why the information had to be PM'd at all. People usually PM when the information exchanged would compromise someone's privacy or in some other fashion reveal information not appropriate for public consumption. The location of a commercial junkyard didn't seem to fall into those categories.
That's fair, and trust me it's more than chilly right now (-15). I agree that a commercial junkyard isn't private domain and there's no compromises being made. I do enjoy your participation in the CO forums and value what you add to the community. But.....regardless of how you feel about my request for a PM, I really think that's my business to decide ok? If it really bothers you, maybe you will PM me with your private point of view. Personally, I don't think its worth the time or wear and tear on the fingers or keyboard. We both know what our points are and I don't see a good reason to flog this any further. I'm more interested in going to see the famous graveyard. Anything you're looking for when I go?
Old December 1st, 2009, 08:47 PM

But.....regardless of how you feel about my request for a PM, I really think that's my business to decide ok?
Maybe not in so many words, but I already said that I never said that it wasn't. I couldn't care less whom you PM or about what, and I never have cared, and I never will care. I'm sorry if my original question led you to believe otherwise. My original question wasn't even directed at you, specifically. It was a general question that happened to be triggered by your request to be told privately what should seemingly be public information. Again, I'm sorry if it came across differently.

Anything you're looking for when I go?
Thank you, but no.

Last edited by jaunty75; December 1st, 2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old December 4th, 2009, 12:40 PM

Skip's Auto

Rr 302
Casco, ME 04015

Phone: (207) 655-4495
Old December 4th, 2009, 12:41 PM

I was just @ skip's, 3 or 4 b bodies in the yard...
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:34 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 71supreme
Hey EKi,

this was the thread I was talking about in the newbie forum. There is a great Olds bone yard in the Naples area of Maine right on Rt. 302. it's called skips. while they specialize in 50's & 60's olds (esp the early 60's jukes) they have a few early 70's in various states of assembly. I've been hitting em up on and off for years.
I have know him since July of 1989. He has alway been good to me!
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Land Yacht Captain

So Allan have you gone to check it out yet???

No secrecy, I live in Alberta and this place is just 1/2 hour away.

Last edited by 66ninetyeightls; April 9th, 2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old April 9th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 66ninetyeightls
So Allan have you gone to check it out yet???
Hey Craig!
Didn't hear from you when you were up doing your course at NAIT; hope it all went well.

Nope, Haven't been there yet. When I found out about the place it was Dec. I'm thinking of getting together with Ken (442much) and checking it out soon. BTW we just had a hellish blizzard come through yesterday. Maybe by the time you read this, you will be sharing our misery. It's fast tracking through the east side of SK right now. Winds were gusting to 90 km/hr and it was bitter. Today was better, high of 5 and winds gusting from 50 to 70.

Wolfman can eat his heart out. WE got norwesters better'n his.

Anyway, I'll let you know when I get out there. Kinda wanted to check out the Battlefords too. Heard there were some good boneyards down there. Just gotta borrow a truck and pawn a few things for gas money.
Old April 10th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Getting There

Allen while your there keep an eye out for any 66/67 stuff... I can always have more STUFF.....a whole 66 preferred
Old April 10th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Ranzan
Allen while your there keep an eye out for any 66/67 stuff... I can always have more STUFF.....a whole 66 preferred
Sure will. Anything in particular you're looking for? And if they've got a whole (relatively intact) car, I'll take pics and let you know so you can decide how much you'd be willing to pay.
Old April 10th, 2010, 01:32 PM

Exclamation Confirmation!!!

Sure will. Anything in particular you're looking for? And if they've got a whole (relatively intact) car, I'll take pics and let you know so you can decide how much you'd be willing to pay.

Now if I get this right there's "TWO" yards in Gibbons and both have a number of '50s, '60s, & '70s Olds in them? Are they brothers or they just two guys that seem to have the similar interests?
Old April 10th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by chequenman
Now if I get this right there's "TWO" yards in Gibbons and both have a number of '50s, '60s, & '70s Olds in them? Are they brothers or they just two guys that seem to have the similar interests?
Not that I know of. What I was referring to is the yard in Gibbons and the Battlefords (in Sask). I'm sure there's plenty of wreckers on the Yellowhead between Edmonoton and N/S Battleford. Sorry if that caused any mixup. Could be a neat road trip though.
Old June 12th, 2010, 08:53 PM

Here you go guys 1 (780) 942 2559 Range Road 225 Gibbons, Alberta. Ask for Victor or Lorne Also theres another guy in the same area and he has a website of what he all has, mostly parts cars though, www.perrysprojectcars.com And if anyone else has some great info to share please do

Vic is a member of our club and his yard is not the same as Ivan's (Perry's Projects). Ivan is also a member. Our club will be making a tour of the yards as soon as I set it up.
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:56 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 71supreme
Hey EKi,

I have know Skip since July 1989, and he has always been good to me.
I'm only 8 miles from him. His Oldsmobile yard in really in Casco, but it is just a stone's throw from the Naples/Casco town line.
From Augusta, undeer and hour and a half drive.
Skip is an OCA advisor from 1960-61 Oldsmobiles, and I form 1968 W-34 Toronados.
Old June 15th, 2010, 03:03 AM

I bought a trunk handle for my '57 98 from Ivan at Perry's project cars last winter...$60. plus the postage... nice shape, no dings...and he sent me two sample rocker moulding clips for free