General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Question about the Intrigue

Search this Thread

Old October 12th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Cutlass Lover

Question about the Intrigue

Here is the new question of the week! Hopefully there are some Intrigue owners out there, but without this problem!

When it rains, water is somehow getting in to the trunk lid and laying there, so that when I open the trunk, it comes pouring out of those cut out places in the lid, and soaks the carpet. Or my head, as I'm putting things in!

My guess would be that the water is coming in around the bottom of the spoiler when the lid is closed. And it just lays there. You can stick your fingers in those cut outs and feel the water! Talk about rust waiting to happen!! Are there some kind of seals around that spoiler somewhere that are maybe rotten and letting water get in? I don't see where it could be coming in from anywhere else. It doesn't happen when I wash her, just after a good rain.

I have to take her to my guys Wednesday night because she wants a new Air Injection Pump (reason for the service engine light being on - it couldn't have been something cheap - LOL ) so I may as well leave them some more money if this is something that can be fixed while she's there! Let me know what you think!!

Capital One... what's in your wallet?? It damned sure isn't money!!

84Delta88009.jpg