General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

sx rear fender braces.

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2019, 12:02 PM
jfb

sx rear fender braces.

long time no post. i have never seen rear fender braces on a oldsmobile so i need to ask. I have a sx with fiberglass fenders to cut weight and cut down on rust. i researched the subject and do not have the pockets in the fender wells for the flat end. I am open to suggestions to install them. I also do not have a stud for the upper end as was said in the post i read. I see how they work kinda like a chrysler with torsion bars. when i race i do not want the fenders pushed into the doors again. I do this work for a living but materials are not cheap and bosses do not usaully let you use there shop for personal reasons and the epa does not let you do most paint work at home. I am trying to avoid a bad situation otherwise the car is gorgeous black with silver stripes on ram air scoops and i want it to stay that way. this is where more experienced people with these cars have more information to give. thanks jfb.
Old June 10th, 2019, 05:45 PM
jfb

hey i am hoping someone has modified normal inner fenderwells at least once. this is a needed thing to avoid destruction and cost. any ideas will be considered.