General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Vinyl Dye

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2009, 06:29 PM

Vinyl Dye

Hey... if anyone is trying to find a vinyl spray dye to match an obscure interior color, try Classic Dye Products - classicdyeproducts.com.

I have a '71 Cutlass with Sienna interior. I couldn't find a match among the common colors you typically see from the popular brands. I sent Classic a small swatch of my vinyl and they were able to find a really close match for me from among their stock colors. I sprayed my dash this weekend and it looks perfect. I think they can also custom mix an exact match for your color if you need. Really helpful people and good stuff.
Old June 9th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by tmbrennan
Hey... if anyone is trying to find a vinyl spray dye to match an obscure interior color, try Classic Dye Products - classicdyeproducts.com.

I have a '71 Cutlass with Sienna interior. I couldn't find a match among the common colors you typically see from the popular brands. I sent Classic a small swatch of my vinyl and they were able to find a really close match for me from among their stock colors. I sprayed my dash this weekend and it looks perfect. I think they can also custom mix an exact match for your color if you need. Really helpful people and good stuff.
Hey, that's great info. I'll put them into my folder list. Did you take any pics of before and after. It would be really cool to see the difference. Post some pics of the results anyway ok? My car is really easy to find dye colors for - it's Black LOL
Old June 10th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Trying to remember member

Thanks! Good leads like this are always welcomed.

Moderators: We should have a category for "Supplier feedback". I know we need to keep it from being a supplier bashing thing, but a listing of "thumbs up" suppliers based on actual experience would be beneficial all the way around!
Old June 10th, 2009, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by wmachine
Thanks! Good leads like this are always welcomed.

Moderators: We should have a category for "Supplier feedback". I know we need to keep it from being a supplier bashing thing, but a listing of "thumbs up" suppliers based on actual experience would be beneficial all the way around!
X 2 on what Wmachine said. Great idea and it would cut down some on the "Where do I find a left handed Monkey wrench for my 65 Delta" type questions. [plus I wouldn't have to keep praising Fusick]