General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Lectric Limited review

Search this Thread

Old February 5th, 2019, 09:55 AM

Lectric Limited review

.....I edited the below info because I clearly looked at a wire wrong......

I have now had three orders from Lectric Limited. The first order was in 2014/2015 and was for an engine harness and forward light harness. Lucky for me, on that car I tested every single part possible as the car went together. Well, I tested the forward lights and things to do with that harness and had a light problem. I found that the ground in the harness had a terminal that did not have the insulation stripped before crimping. I had about 3 hours in finding the problem. I called them to let them know what I found and give them the lot number and even pictures for their records. I fixed it and that was the end.

Second order was a set of plug wires and that order was perfect. No issues at all.

This third and most recent order I got every harness for a 70 442. I noticed right off that a wire was loose and that it came out of the wiper motor terminal. No big deal, I just grabbed a correct terminal and crimped a new one on it.

Other than the issues I have found I am very pleased with the quality of everything else. Just undecided if I would use them again. What are you guys using and were you happy?

Last edited by jensenracing77; February 5th, 2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old February 5th, 2019, 10:19 AM

Exclamation

To me, that is an egregious mistake. The wiring diagrams and wiring construction has not changed in decades.

To get something like that is unacceptable, and a PIA to have to replace.

I use M&H exclusively - their quality is A+
Old February 5th, 2019, 10:52 AM

I had a set of battery cable made for my 86 f250 at a local electrical supply shop. About a month after installing the cables a terminal separated from one of the negative battery cables!

I called the shop that made them and they said they would fix the battery cable. The only problem was that I would have to remove the cable and bring it to them. Luckily, it was a negative battery cable and not the crossover positive battery cable. That would have been a PITA to remove.

Ultimately, they corrected the problem and were very friendly and apologetic. Even though it was a bit of a hassle I plan on having them make some battery cables for my Olds in the future.
Old February 5th, 2019, 11:18 AM

I could be wrong here, but my understanding is, or was, that American Autowire was presently making all this stuff for the other companies and they were just re-marketing it. I know at one time, M+H made their own harnesses. I know Lectric Limited makes some specialty stuff. I either read this or saw this someplace......
Old February 5th, 2019, 12:25 PM

I have used only American Autowire harnesses on my cars and have never had a problem.
Old February 5th, 2019, 12:47 PM

Update coming, May not be a problem with the starter wire
Old February 5th, 2019, 01:05 PM

Sure, could be the right gauge actual wire but less plastic insulation. I've seen that before.
Old February 5th, 2019, 01:27 PM

Yes, I am going to have to edit my original post. It does have the correct wire in it. I am going to have to get my eyes checked and apologize to Lectric Limited.... The other issues were for sure still an issue.
Old February 5th, 2019, 07:20 PM

I’ve had good luck with M&H and Lectric Limited. All my harnesses for the car came from M&H. My rear light harness from M&H had a socket assembled wrong that I fixed. Other than that I was impressed with fitment and function. I’ve gotten sending units, T3 headlights, and other miscellaneous pieces from Lectric Limited and had no issues.
Old February 5th, 2019, 07:48 PM

I have used Lectric Limited harnesses on my Olds and Vette, so far they have been great.

Steve