General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Holy parts for sale threads haha

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2019, 09:42 AM
Hookers under Hood

Holy parts for sale threads haha

I don't mind seeing a few parts for sale threads, but when you fill the new posts page with them.
I find it a little excessive. Can they not be compiled in a single or couple threads ??
That could work, rather than filling up most of the new posts page each week .
Is it just me or is this excessive??

Eric

Old January 8th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Just an Olds Guy

It's just you Eric. They're posted in the proper forum sub class so there's nothing wrong with that. They just happen to show up in the New Posts because they're "New". Same thing with starting a new thread or responding to an existing one. I don't see this is a problem, and it also contributes to the general population looking for parts. Sellers need the site to provide them the same courtesy that everyone expects from other threads. My 2˘
Old January 8th, 2019, 12:44 PM

If you want to clear some chaff, just go into the parts for sale forum, click on Tools and Mark All as Read. Then when you view recent posts the for sale items won't be there and you can focus on the other posts.

That, or buy all his stuff :-D
Old January 8th, 2019, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by VI Cutty
If you want to clear some chaff, just go into the parts for sale forum, click on Tools and Mark All as Read. Then when you view recent posts the for sale items won't be there and you can focus on the other posts.

That, or buy all his stuff :-D
awesome thank you for the tip-off
Old January 8th, 2019, 02:18 PM
Hookers under Hood

[QUOTE=Allan R;1146636] It's just you Eric.

Haha, I figured it would be , imagine that !
Old January 8th, 2019, 02:32 PM
Hookers under Hood

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-ridge-il.html

Dedsleds for sale add is very good. Organised, Pics, all under one roof .
Jus' sayin,
Old January 8th, 2019, 02:35 PM
Olds Fever

IMO listing parts individually quite often makes for easier searches for a perspective buyer... Someone interested in a 76 CSM, for example, can search for that specific item by title rather then view all the listings of "Shop Manuals"... Again, JMO...
Old January 8th, 2019, 02:41 PM
Olds Fever

Originally Posted by 76olds
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-ridge-il.html

Dedsleds for sale add is very good. Organised, Pics, all under one roof .
Jus' sayin,
The problem with that ad is the individual is actually selling a "parts car and/or parts"... Most of which do not have prices... Not to mention you have to scan through most all of the listing in hopes of finding one part you may be looking for...
Old January 8th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by CRUZN 66
IMO listing parts individually quite often makes for easier searches for a perspective buyer... Someone can search for that specific item by title ...
^^^^^^This

The problem with that ad is.. Most do not have prices... ...
Which is a no no if one of the admins latches onto it. I did ask about a specific part that I saw in one of the pictures *but not listed by the seller) but it's unfortunately not on the FSBO list separately. I wouldn't buy the whole dash just to get it either.

That kind of thread is ok for generic shopping but I think some of it will eventually go down the road as individual items for sale and be listed as such on the Parts for Sale section. And, they will again show up in the 'New Posts' section
Old January 9th, 2019, 05:08 AM

I've got no problem with the ads format, and I actually have only a very small problem with a couple people who charge mafia level gouging on their parts, but when they ask for "paypal friends and family," I'm like, "Friends don't let friends charge those prices."

This is a community here, but some people are treating it like a business. Some profit (20%, whatever) is fine. 100% or higher profit is gouging.
Old January 9th, 2019, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
I've got no problem with the ads format, and I actually have only a very small problem with a couple people who charge mafia level gouging on their parts, but when they ask for "paypal friends and family," I'm like, "Friends don't let friends charge those prices."

This is a community here, but some people are treating it like a business. Some profit (20%, whatever) is fine. 100% or higher profit is gouging.
I've often wondered if they actually own the part[s] or know where one is available and marked it up and run it up the flag pole at a higher price
Old January 9th, 2019, 02:38 PM
Hookers under Hood

IMO listing parts individually quite often makes for easier searches for a perspective buyer... Someone interested in a 76 CSM, for example, can search for that specific item by title rather then view all the listings of "Shop Manuals"... Again, JMO...
That makes sense John.
Searching for a specific part, manual etc and hitting on that specific thread/s ( now with related threads implemented ) would save time for sure. I didn't look at it from that point of view.

Eric
Old January 10th, 2019, 10:34 PM

I occasionally regret the email notifications, due to the 'car parts-ask me of I have it' ads...