General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

16th Annual All Oldsmobile Fall Show, Oct 14, Downingtown, PA

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2018, 11:09 AM

16th Annual All Oldsmobile Fall Show, Oct 14, Downingtown, PA

Sunday, Oct 14, 2018, 9-3,
Kerr Park, Downingtown, PA, hosted by the Delaware Valley
Oldsmobile Club, chapter of the Oldsmobile Club of America,
trophies, dash plaques, door prizes, 50/50 (benefits RE Olds Transportation Museum),
charity, food nearby, $10 pre-reg, $15 day of show, spectators free

Nice park setting with children's playground, previous
years have had 50 - 80 Oldsmobiles of all years and models. Bring your
daily driver to show car. Need not be a member of OCA or
DVOC to attend or win an award.
http://clubs.hemmings.com/delvaloldsclub/
dvocinfo@yahoo.com
flyer soon
Old July 21st, 2018, 11:25 AM

Interesting bit of history found while looking for the location on a map:

The town is located along the Lincoln Highway (now part of U.S. Route 30) which runs from the East Coast to the West Coast, and was an early westward road in the wagon days as the Philadelphia and Lancaster Turnpike. The Lincoln Highway was the first paved road to cross the nation from Atlantic to Pacific. The Pennsylvania Turnpike started construction in the early 1940s and was completed in the early 1950s; it runs north of US 30 bypassing Downingtown.
Old July 24th, 2018, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by anthonyP

The town is located along the Lincoln Highway (now part of U.S. Route 30) which runs from the East Coast to the West Coast, and was an early westward road in the wagon days as the Philadelphia and Lancaster Turnpike. The Lincoln Highway was the first paved road to cross the nation from Atlantic to Pacific. The Pennsylvania Turnpike started construction in the early 1940s and was completed in the early 1950s; it runs north of US 30 bypassing Downingtown.
Thanks for checking it out..I'm a local..can't say i was around when they had logs on the road to keep your wagon outa the mud..
Where in Poconos?..was just up there last weekend at a friend's in albrightsville.. will have to visit for happy hour sometime..
Old July 25th, 2018, 03:37 AM

I grew up nearby in Unionville, and I remember as a kid playing in the woods and we used to bring home Conestoga wagon wheels that we found out there. We had several around our house that my Mom would decorate with.

Most of those woods are gone now for housing developments.
AH PROGRESS
Old August 8th, 2018, 03:15 PM

Thanks for the history information. We actually took rt 30 / Lincoln Highway from Lancaster to Gettysburg last week to the OCA Nationals. Not a bad ride nowadays, though tons of congestion in Lancaster and York

Also I met a gentleman this summer that has been retired and volunteering to help with a new Lincoln Highway museum. This is almost 4 hours west of our Downingtown show location, but if ever traveling to Latrobe, PA, you may want to check it out:
http://www.lhhc.org/

Also appears not too far from the Rolling Rock brewery
Old September 5th, 2018, 05:03 PM

Show flyer now available. Please bring canned good for local food bank !

http://clubs.hemmings.com/delvalolds...llshow2018.pdf
Old September 23rd, 2018, 08:55 AM

Don Glover, former Hurst Engineer, is scheduled again! Come to his table to hear stories, see artifacts and pictures from his time at Hurst in the 60's and 70's.

Last edited by tva442; September 23rd, 2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old October 9th, 2018, 07:25 AM

ttt
Less than a week to go !
Old October 10th, 2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by tva442
Sunday, Oct 14, 2018, 9-3,
Kerr Park, Downingtown, PA, hosted by the Delaware Valley
Oldsmobile Club, chapter of the Oldsmobile Club of America,
trophies, dash plaques, door prizes, 50/50 (benefits RE Olds Transportation Museum),
charity, food nearby, $10 pre-reg, $15 day of show, spectators free

Nice park setting with children's playground, previous
years have had 50 - 80 Oldsmobiles of all years and models. Bring your
daily driver to show car. Need not be a member of OCA or
DVOC to attend or win an award.
http://clubs.hemmings.com/delvaloldsclub/
dvocinfo@yahoo.com
flyer soon
Where n Downingtown is the show? A I'll b coming from Philly. Also, what information is needed to join the Delaware Valley Chapter of the Oldsmobile Club of Amreica?

Thank you.
Old October 11th, 2018, 02:23 PM

News reporting that the Schuylkill Expressway will only have one lane open this weekend Westbound to Route 202, King of Prussia. The Schuylkill is normally bumper to bumper. Need alternative route from Philadelphia to Downingtown?
Old October 11th, 2018, 02:57 PM

Schuykill shouldn't be bad sunday early.. but if you need alternatives, i usually check google maps, but write directions down because it sometimes goes haywire en route... Not sure what part of the city you're coming from but...
-City Ave to US 30 West (Lancaster Ave) to downingtown to right on Wallace (after McDonalds)- past Wawa to left after library into show field .
- Market St to West Chester Pike (PA 3) West to right on US 202N/US 322W to Downingtown- cross US Bus 30 on Wallace Ave- past Wawa to lot after library.
-PA turnpike West to Downingtown Exit; PA 100 South to right on PA113/W Uwchlan Ave. to right on E Pennsylvania Ave to right at Wawa then left into lot after library.
-95 S is a long way around but you can take it to Blue Route to WC Pike exit..
Hope this helps..
Old October 11th, 2018, 03:02 PM

Bill,

Thanks!!

I'm coming from Penns Landing. I can take Blue Route or West Chester Pike. I think City line to 30 will be backed up because of Schuylkill down to one line the entire weekend.

​​​​​​Thanks for your ideas- Harry
Old October 11th, 2018, 03:04 PM

How do I join the Delaware Valley Chapter of OCA?
Old October 11th, 2018, 04:09 PM

Harry- Blue route to WC Pike might be easiest if City 's backed up..lotta lights but BR does cut a bunch off..
I 'm pretty sure our DVOC site has a membership form you can print and fill out..-else you can join at the show.
sounds like cool weather..but DRY!!!
Old October 11th, 2018, 04:24 PM

Thanks Bill,

Directions help because I didn't order "navigation." Lol...
Old October 12th, 2018, 11:25 AM

Hello Harry,

Kerr Park is location in Downingtown, second page of our flyer has the area map and further directions:

Yes we have our application form on our website, pdf at bottom right on this page:
http://clubs.hemmings.com/delvalolds...n_the_Club.htm

Or as Bill said, you can join at the show.

What kind of Oldsmobile do you have ? Hope to see you on Sunday !

Tom, VP, DVOC

Last edited by tva442; October 12th, 2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old October 13th, 2018, 08:20 AM

Hello Harry,

Kerr Park is location in Downingtown, second page of our flyer has the area map and further directions:

Yes we have our application form on our website, pdf at bottom right on this page:
http://clubs.hemmings.com/delvalolds...n_the_Club.htm

Or as Bill said, you can join at the show.

What kind of Oldsmobile do you have ? Hope to see you on Sunday !

Tom, VP, DVOC
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the information. I found it helpful. My first car in 1970 was a 1970 442 W-30 Convertible which I raced at Atco, Englishtown, Cecil Cecil County and Maple Grove. I sold the car in 1974 or 1975 for approximately $4500.00, plus an additional $5.00 for the Protect-O-Plate.lol..
When I ordered my car, I asked the dealer to save the window sticker, and unfortunately, the dealer didn't. Funny story: I was installing an alarm in my car. I removed the backseat to conceal the wiring. I found a card under my backseat that displayed the options-W-30, C60 etc. I got excited thinking I had found my window sticker, but noticed the card didn't have prices, so I threw it way. As time passed, I learned that I had discarded the broadcast card!!

I have been looking for a 1970 442 convertible with air conditioning in good condition. It's been frustrating finding a car that I can start and drive.

That's my brief story. Thanks- Harry

Last edited by twilightblue28A; October 13th, 2018 at 08:29 AM.
Old October 13th, 2018, 04:27 PM

I am hoping to be there by 10:30 in the 66 Delta, weather is looking GREAT!!
Old October 13th, 2018, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by twilightblue28A
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the information. I found it helpful. My first car in 1970 was a 1970 442 W-30 Convertible which I raced at Atco, Englishtown, Cecil Cecil County and Maple Grove. I sold the car in 1974 or 1975 for approximately $4500.00, plus an additional $5.00 for the Protect-O-Plate.lol..
When I ordered my car, I asked the dealer to save the window sticker, and unfortunately, the dealer didn't. Funny story: I was installing an alarm in my car. I removed the backseat to conceal the wiring. I found a card under my backseat that displayed the options-W-30, C60 etc. I got excited thinking I had found my window sticker, but noticed the card didn't have prices, so I threw it way. As time passed, I learned that I had discarded the broadcast card!!

I have been looking for a 1970 442 convertible with air conditioning in good condition. It's been frustrating finding a car that I can start and drive.

That's my brief story. Thanks- Harry
Harry - thanks for sharing your story ! Even the sad parts Hope to see you tomorrow. I plan to have my Alero there.

Old October 13th, 2018, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
I am hoping to be there by 10:30 in the 66 Delta, weather is looking GREAT!!
See you then Joe ! Yes for once weather looking good, but bring your jacket
Old October 15th, 2018, 06:20 PM

Weather almost held out, we did have a few sprinkles at the end of the show Been par for this year, but we did have a great show with a nice turnout of around 50 Oldsmobiles. Will post some pictures soon. Thanks to all who came out, including Harry , was nice to meet you!

Last edited by tva442; October 15th, 2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old October 15th, 2018, 07:23 PM

Was a nice show , wish the rain would of held out but at least wasn’t a lot
​​​​​ sorry no pics just a couple videos but they won’t upload
Old October 16th, 2018, 11:48 AM

I enjoyed the show. I appreciated Bill and Tom welcoming me. I encourage participation and Oldsmobile and non Oldsmobile fans to join!
I look forward to attending our spring show.
Thanks- Harry
Old October 16th, 2018, 01:59 PM

One picture I have.
Old October 16th, 2018, 02:27 PM

How many cars showed? I wish I could have made it but ride is still down.
Old October 16th, 2018, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by zeeke
How many cars showed? I wish I could have made it but ride is still down.
There were around 50 cars, a decent turnout but in reality there should have been more. It was a nice crisp day with no rain predicted however there was a brief sprinkle. This is one of the last yearly shows of the season before cars are put away for Winter. I am always in for the "last hurrah" before winter.
Old October 21st, 2018, 08:34 AM

Been trying to post pictures from a Facebook page from one of our members, but does not seem to work. Not sure if due to the new layout on this site. Works elsewhere - the link is also on this ROP thread:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/real...in-t15957.html

Facebook Post
Old October 21st, 2018, 10:38 AM

Couple pics from the show
Old October 21st, 2018, 08:24 PM

I'm a 69' to 72' A body guy (guess I'm 68' by default) and I have my hands full with that but I really love seeing the "Oddball" stuff. A bodies are very plentiful in the Olds community, but the other cars have so much character. For instance my brother has a 56' Chevy convertible and although it's a beautiful car in it's own wright the 55-57 Oldsmobiles blow them away in beauty. Of course no Chevy guy would allow his pride to admit to this. The 88's and 98's of this era and all the way into the 60's are amazing. Then there's the Toro's and all the things that came after. So thank you to all that post these pictures here and from other shows. While in person is always best, this is the next best thing. I'll have to start taking my wives camera to shows, pictures never really get justified via my phone.
Old October 23rd, 2018, 03:43 AM

Been trying to post pictures from a Facebook page from one of our members, but does not seem to work. Not sure if due to the new layout on this site. Works elsewhere - the link is also on this ROP thread:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/real...in-t15957.html

https://www.facebook.com/pg/AutoFocusCarArt/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2195015884070710
Still not sure why the Facebook link does not work directly, but if you copy and paste it , it works. Enjoy the pics!

Last edited by tva442; October 23rd, 2018 at 03:48 AM.
Old October 23rd, 2018, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by billrob71
Couple pics from the show
Billrob71 - thanks for posting some pics ! Glad you brought yours to the show also ! Sorry did not get to meet you, hopefully at a future show.
Old October 24th, 2018, 05:26 AM

Billrob71 - thanks for posting some pics ! Glad you brought yours to the show also ! Sorry did not get to meet you, hopefully at a future show.
No problem
Had a blast , there will be others looking forward to meeting you as well

I thanked Tony for the invite
Old October 24th, 2018, 02:05 PM

I wrote in an an earlier post that I was glad I attended. I was welcomed and everyone that I met was friendly.

Good group of people.

I'm hoping that I will be active and provide information, specifically on the '70 442's.

Thanks again- Harry
Old October 27th, 2018, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by zeeke
I'm a 69' to 72' A body guy (guess I'm 68' by default) and I have my hands full with that but I really love seeing the "Oddball" stuff. A bodies are very plentiful in the Olds community, but the other cars have so much character. For instance my brother has a 56' Chevy convertible and although it's a beautiful car in it's own wright the 55-57 Oldsmobiles blow them away in beauty. Of course no Chevy guy would allow his pride to admit to this. The 88's and 98's of this era and all the way into the 60's are amazing. Then there's the Toro's and all the things that came after. So thank you to all that post these pictures here and from other shows. While in person is always best, this is the next best thing. I'll have to start taking my wives camera to shows, pictures never really get justified via my phone.
Zeeke - we do usually have quite a few 68-72 A bodies, mine included, but we never know what will come to our show. Some years we have a row of 50's , sometimes is a lot of G bodies, this year was 60 - 70's full size ! Have not seen that many 88's and 98's together and most were green ! We also had a 77 Starfire GT , 86 Aero Hurst and even an 80s N body. But the gorgeous 1957 98 was extremely exceptional, and even with a lot of beautiful A bodies, the 57 won our Best of Show award ! Wonder what next year will bring ?
Old October 27th, 2018, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by twilightblue28A
I wrote in an an earlier post that I was glad I attended. I was welcomed and everyone that I met was friendly.

Good group of people.

I'm hoping that I will be active and provide information, specifically on the '70 442's.

Thanks again- Harry
Harry - thanks for the kind words ! We try to be not to serious, enjoy the cars and people and just have fun !
Old October 27th, 2018, 08:27 AM

No problem
Had a blast , there will be others looking forward to meeting you as well

I thanked Tony for the invite
Awesome ! The more the merrier ! Catch up next time. Spring BOPC show is tentatively the Saturday of the weekend before the weekend before Memorial Day in West Chester, PA. Details early next year. Of course we will be back at Kerr Park next Oct as well.
Old October 27th, 2018, 08:31 AM

Awesome ! The more the merrier ! Catch up next time. Spring BOPC show is tentatively the Saturday of the weekend before the weekend before Memorial Day in West Chester, PA. Details early next year. Of course we will be back at Kerr Park next Oct as well.
sounds great my car will look little different by then hopefully my wheels will be here by then 🙄
Old October 27th, 2018, 09:31 AM

sounds great my car will look little different by then hopefully my wheels will be here by then 🙄
What kind of wheels are you changing to ?
Old October 27th, 2018, 12:44 PM

What kind of wheels are you changing to ?
VINTIQUES SS1
15x7 in the front and 15x10 in the rear
Old November 2nd, 2018, 05:35 AM

VINTIQUES SS1
15x7 in the front and 15x10 in the rear
Cool ! Looking forward to seeing the new look !