General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

trunk spatter paint?

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2009, 06:01 PM

trunk spatter paint?

fusick has 3 differant colors available. how would i tell what my car had? does plant location make a difference? mine was a Michigan car. and is the fusick trunk mat a good one. i was told that there are some bad ones out there. i don't figure that fusick would have them if they were not a good one.
Old April 8th, 2009, 09:34 PM

both mine came black with turquoise spatter, not sure what colors the factory called it.
Old April 9th, 2009, 07:37 AM

I just ordered a quart from The Parts Place. They claim to have the original formula GM used. I've heard good things about it.

In terms of the color in your trunk, have you had your car completely blasted or stripped? If so, there's no way to tell what you had. I guess you could start searching other VIN#s close to yours and ask the person what color their trunk paint it. Otherwise, it could either be gray & white or black & turquoise. I found the current paint in my trunk to look more like gray & turquoise, so I opted for the black & turquoise splatter paint. Plus, this matches the trunk mats & spare tire cover better, so that's what I went with.

I should know what it looks like in early May, so if you can wait, I'll let you know.

I also JUST ordered the trunk mat from Fusick. Most of their other stuff is quality, so I don't think it'd be junk. However, if it's not to your liking, you can always return it to them without issue. Give them a call. They're always helpful on the phone and express your concerns.
Old April 9th, 2009, 11:44 AM

Cut one apart, the other is partially blasted, but slated to get cut apart. I have to fix the rust, along with everything else b4 I can drive it. GRRR. Some day I'll actually buy one thats done.
Old April 9th, 2009, 11:48 AM

Oh, I know the feeling, Chad. I actually wonder what it's like to have an old car and be able to drive it regularly. I guess then we wouldn't be here on the boards as much then tho....